Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just the way they serve it traditionally. The servers are always overly attentive and you'll have a full one in front of you before you've finished the first one (without ordering it).

I tend to end up drinking more when they're served in the small glasses than drinking pilsener in a stein. You tend to lose track of how much you've had and it doesn't feel like you're drinking much, but they mark the beer mat each time so they can keep track.
It has troubled me since last year. We have an ongoing joke at work that Germans don’t drink steins, they’re just an English perception and whenever English people go into a bar in Germany, the landlord has to tell his assistant to go and get the big glasses for the English customers.

Bembeltown - you’ve thrown a spanner in the works with your post. What should I drink in Köln then?

The predominant stereotype for a German especially outside Europe is probably that of a Bavarian bearded man in traditional leather trousers drinking Steins at the Octoberfest. If you actually found one, he may deny that he's German at all, but Bavarian instead. "German" as a whole is a very difficult concept - there's so much diversity and difference in culture, language (dialects!), food (and beers) in different regions of Germany. We all hate RB though.

I thought you were in Strasbourg right now...

I wish I was, but no chance with an allocation of only 1200 tickets to away fans.

you’ve thrown a spanner in the works with your post. What should I drink in Köln then?

Jokes aside, Kölsch is very drinkable especially during summertime, however it is far from beeing my favorite beer and I personally dont get the hype of the locals for Kölsch.
It always feels like drinking watered down beer to me, but I am not in the position to talk down other regions alcohol considering that most people consider Aeppler/Ebbelwoi, which is served all over Frankfurt, disgusting. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apfelwein -> Might explain my nickname as well. ;-)

If you ever come to Frankfurt give it a try, especially when you are in the "Alt Sachsenhausen" area of Frankfurt where most of the post match madness is going on.

For people new to Aeppler you can ask for a watered down version which we call "Sauergespritzter" which is basically just adding mineral water to the Aeppler.

Dont ever ask for the abomination that is called "Süßgespritzter" which is Aeppler with soda. In most places in Frankfurt you will either get kicked out or they will make fun of you.

I am a huge fan of Schwarzbier/dark beer and Weizen myself, especially the local brewery "Schlappeseppel" does some pretty nice beers.

Last edited:
Talking about football....

We lost our important away match at Strasbourg with 1-0. Horrible horrible performance in the first half and we deservedly went down 1-0. Second half was much better, but we didnt manage to score.

Still think we can turn them over at our place next week, but overall we look pretty average so far. We were not able to compensate the loss of Jovic and Haller and Ante Rebic looks like he wants to force his way out of the club. Looks like a sulking kid on the pitch when things don´t go his way.

Really hope we can get Bas Dost signed as we desperately need an experienced striker at the moment.

19-20-europaleague-racing-strasbourg-eintracht-frankfurt-12.jpg

19-20-europaleague-racing-strasbourg-eintracht-frankfurt-16.jpg

Eintracht hosted Strasbourg for the return leg yesterday evening. The last two EL home matches fans were asked to show up in white and red, this time Ultras Frankfurt asked everyone to show up in black so that the 3 part choreography over 3 match days could be completed.

This time the banner read "Frankurt" and with the two previous banners the whole picture resulted in "My club Eintracht Frankfurt" with the club colours black, red and white.
19-20-europaleague-eintracht-frankfurt-racing-strasbourg-01.jpg

19-20-europaleague-eintracht-frankfurt-racing-strasbourg-06.jpg

Ground was sold out with a pretty heated atmosphere after the referee gave a red card to Ante Rebic and overall was not up for the task to keep the match under control.

We got up 1-0 with an own goal, then Kostic scored a screamer and Danny Da Costa finished the french off with the 3-0.

Looking forward to the group stages now. Maybe we get United...would love to invade the swamp with 10000 Frankfurt fans and show the glory hunters what supporting Eintracht means for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.