Bundesliga 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Rhineland, 16 Jun 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rhineland

Rhineland

Team supported:
    1. FC Köln
    Some atmosphere, even only on the telly.

Oh, lucky you, I missed out on going to the Jahn-Sportpark the other year, when Dynamo's the first round DFB-Pokal match vs Cologne had to be played at the Olympiastadion.

2. Pell

Pell

That's it. Even though Bayern have one of their weakest teams in a while, they beat the struggling teams more often than not, and that won them the title. The challengers always seem to struggle for consistency, and drop silly points. Wolfsburg were looking good, but could only manage a draw against Paderborn yesterday.

3. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

Dynamo lost 3-1 at home to Hertha II yesterday even though Hertha had 10 men for around 55mins

I bought a t-shirt as a souvenir which indirectly got me free drinks at another bar - the barman took pity on me as I had a ‘racist’ shirt on so gave us a free round. He was right, there is definitely a racist undertone at the ground and given they are now playing in the whitest, most middle-class area of Berlin they apparently double down on their ‘identity’

4. Alex-MCFC

Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt in spirit - Manchester my abode
    Team supported:
    Manchester City // FC Ingolstadt 04
    Old Stasi club if I remember rightly.

Blue Hefner likes this.
  5. hammocity

hammocity

Stasi, just slightly less corrupt than the Merseyside Police Force.

Vienna_70 and Alex-MCFC like this.
  6. Bembeltown

Bembeltown

Team supported:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Their fanscene has a large hooligan element and is considered to be extremely right wing. They were involved in a lot of trouble in the early 90s with one of their own fans (Mike Polley) getting killed by a police bullet.

Blue Hefner likes this.
  7. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

I’ll have a look at that, thanks

8. cptaidan88

cptaidan88

Booked a trip to Bratislava, Prague and Dresden in a couple of weeks, instead of going to Shakhtar for the 3rd time in 3 years.

Slovan Bratislava v Besiktas (if I can get in - theres a stadium ban at the minute)
    Bohemians (Prague) v Fastav Zlin.
    Chemnitz v Carl Zeiss Jena
    Dynamo Dresden v Jahn Regensburg
    Sparta Praha v Slavia Praha

Chemnitz (formerly Karl Marx Stadt) is twinned with Manchester, and they play in sky blue. As a result they were often the team I'd select to control on Championship Manager, so I'm looking forward to going to a game. Its bottom versus second bottom at the moment, but it is an East German derby of sorts. Hoping for a good atmosphere.

I believe Chemnitz have been in the press this season for sacking their captain after he "openly displayed" sympathy with a neo-nazi group (amongst other things he shouldn't have done previously). Their fans are also very right wing - theres a fan group called HooRaNa (Hooligans, Racists, Nazis), so I probably wont be joining in with the chants for this one.

Looking forward to visiting Dresden though. I'd say it is the last "big" German city I haven't been to before.

Bembeltown likes this.
  9. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

Team supported:
    The Only Team in Manchester!
    Dresden is a lovely city. Unfortunately, it was raining the day I visited it, so I didn’t see it at its best.

10. nmc

nmc

I think any team in the former Communist bloc that had the prefix Dynamo was a team of the authorities / secret police. Booing and giving such teams shit at games was a legitimate way of abusing the regime ! Similar to the way the Basques abused Real Madrid - as they still do today - as a proxy for hurling abuse at Franco.