Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant remember anyone complain when Timo Werner gets singled out every match day and gets targeted with the same chants Hopp got to hear. Hoffenheim fans were chanting them as well.

Why does the DFB protect one of the sugar daddies of the league but doesnt do anything against the abuse a single player has to endure?
what's Werner done?

First - times have changed! Hopefully people learn, not just the DFB but the acting fans, too.

Second - the story with Hopp is an ongoing story since years that now culminated, not just a single occasion or a reaction on recent misbehaviour.

It was not just about Hopp but a power struggle, too. The fans and even the ultras really have a big freedom here in Germany, but everything has a limit.

As a Bayern fan: After the last week I really would have liked to talk about the performances of our team and single players - but the last days it was 5% about them, 95 about this topic!
Are you confident the next time there is a racist incident it will be treated with the same level of severity as this has been by the DFB and clubs? I'm not, in fact I'm confident it wont be.

Will this happen if a player is called a son of a woman?

Would you be happy if none of your supporters could attend a game because 10 people held a banner up? Especially when collective punishments were not allowed?

Are you confident the next time there is a racist incident it will be treated with the same level of severity as this has been by the DFB and clubs? I'm not, in fact I'm confident it wont be.

Will this happen if a player is called a son of a woman?

Would you be happy if none of your supporters could attend a game because 10 people held a banner up? Especially when collective punishments were not allowed?

No, I am not! But that does not have to do with this incident. But that is not comparable. I hope that whenever there would be a racist banner etc. they will act like this. Chants etc. are more difficult to handle. With the Bayern team I hope that they will leave the pitch when there is racist stuff hapening to Serge, King, Boa...

No, I would not! But I would not blame the DFB but the group of fans that caused it (not that I like or understand everything the DFB does). It did not come out of the air - there were a lot of warnings and it was the last possible thing the DFB could do. The clubs do not like that, too, as it costs them money...

In Germany we have cheap standing tickets, allow banners etc. But everything just works if there is nobody that constantly misuses that right. With numbered seats, a no banner policy etc. you can keep that out of the stadium (not the chants etc.) - but I doubt that somebody wants that!

Last edited:
Cant remember anyone complain when Timo Werner gets singled out every match day and gets targeted with the same chants Hopp got to hear. Hoffenheim fans were chanting them as well.

Why does the DFB protect one of the sugar daddies of the league but doesnt do anything against the abuse a single player has to endure?

I dont really buy this argument.

If you think it's unfai rthat players get abuse thats tolerated the answer is to stop that as well.

Uwes having a tough time at Dusseldorf.

Watched his team throw away a 3-0 lead v Hertha on Friday and just seen him knocked out by Saarbrucken on pens in the cup.

Great game on the you tube channel, brilliant they are covering this.

Not great for Uwe, but its fantastic news for Saarbrücken. What an achievement. Whilst they are 4th tier, I'm not sure equating them to a League 2 side is a fair comparison, as they play in a regional league and I'd guess their players are semi professional at best. They are top of their Regionalliga though so have a chance of 3 Liga next season.

Hopefully the cup run will help fund the redevelopment of their own ground.

Liked the two banners at Frankfurt last night

1st one "Adi (their manager), let us know if you want a match interruption"

2nd one "Dietmar Hopp is a son of a" and after a while unfurled the rest of the banner which just said "mother".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.