Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are fundamental cultural differences which people seem to be struggling with and again, if someones opinion is different to their own it doesn't mean its wrong.

They are far from perfect, but ultimately the organisation and solidarity amongst the ultras of different teams is why ticket prices are cheaper in Germany, and also why you can drink, smoke, and stand if you want to. Whereas supporters in this country pay through the nose to sit in silent stadiums. I find a lot of German chants monotonous and repetitive, but better that than nothing for 90 mins which is what we often get.

The biggest issue arising from this, is the DFB's - and now the Bayern and other club hierarchies attitude and attempts to deal with it, and then comparing that with how they have dealt (or haven't) with racism and other serious issues.
Also why Monday night football will soon be a thing of the past in Germany. Most people in England would be appalled by the idea of fighting a common goal with other clubs' supporters. Better to mock City's empty seats than to look at why many football fans don't attend at every stadium. Travelling to a match for free, buying a reasonably priced beer outside, enjoying decent food at low prices, paying as little as 13 euros for a tickets, drinking a beer whilst watching the match and generally being treated like a grown up will be things that we'll never experience at Premier League football simply because most supporters would rather carry on with the status quo than stick together and aim for change like Bundesliga fans.

Maybe he’s already been to the KC Stadium.

His reason for going to Valley Parade was to visit another ground in England.

@Rhineland, how did you get on? And did you manage to watch the Köln-Schalke match?
You should’ve done Hull City v Leeds and then watched Köln v Schalke here. Schoolboy error.

Everything went smoothly on the day: flight on time, bus from the airport to Piccadilly Gardens departed a minunte after we had got on, we were allowed to check in into our room earlier in the morning, no delays with the northern rail from Victoria to Bradford. Went into The Queen pub just outside the station and to the Bradford Arms pub near the Stadium, which was packed with a Plymouth Argyle who sang their hearts out. I was quite impressed with the numbers of their travelling support given the distance, however Bradford earned themselves a home win and the away fans didn't have too much to celebrate about during or after the game. We went to the Drum Winder pub after the match more less by chance, I remembered it was one of the pubs in the City Centre listed as a bt sports pub. The staff were very nice and friendly and put Köln - Schalke on for us five minutes before k.o. at one of screens to the side, (while the others were showing Watford - Liverpool), so that we could actually watch the whole game (albeit without sound).

Everything went smoothly on the day: flight on time, bus from the airport to Piccadilly Gardens departed a minunte after we had got on, we were allowed to check in into our room earlier in the morning, no delays with the northern rail from Victoria to Bradford. Went into The Queen pub just outside the station and to the Bradford Arms pub near the Stadium, which was packed with a Plymouth Argyle who sang their hearts out. I was quite impressed with the numbers of their travelling support given the distance, however Bradford earned themselves a home win and the away fans didn't have too much to celebrate about during or after the game. We went to the Drum Winder pub after the match more less by chance, I remembered it was one of the pubs in the City Centre listed as a bt sports pub. The staff were very nice and friendly and put Köln - Schalke on for us five minutes before k.o. at one of screens to the side, (while the others were showing Watford - Liverpool), so that we could actually watch the whole game (albeit without sound).
Quality. So a Bradford win followed by simultaneously watching Köln win and Liverpool getting bummed.

My daughter was at Forest for the women’s League Cup final on Saturday. We’re racking up a fair few stadiums this season in our family.

Will Post my thoughts on this later today. But seriously @Maldeika there is so much stuff wrong with your posts. Its actually not as easy as you make it sound....

It is so easy!

I know that Hopp is not just the good guy, but the extense this agitions against him have reached is not tolerable anymore, especially not in this times. Maybe he is just a symbol for some persons but in Hoffenheim you could see how this whole story gets to him personally.

Yes, it is done too less against racism etc. And there was done too less in former years. Here it was not racism but agitation going overboard against a targeted person.

The ultras do a lot good things. But like always there is some radicals who with their actions are a big danger. It is not the big bad DFB or Hopp that e.g. is responsible for the fan ban for the BVB fans in the Hoffenheim matches but them - there were enough warnings before!

I’m glad you had a great time.

:-D

It is so easy!

I know that Hopp is not just the good guy, but the extense this agitions against him have reached is not tolerable anymore, especially not in this times. Maybe he is just a symbol for some persons but in Hoffenheim you could see how this whole story gets to him personally.

Yes, it is done too less against racism etc. And there was done too less in former years. Here it was not racism but agitation going overboard against a targeted person.

The ultras do a lot good things. But like always there is some radicals who with their actions are a big danger. It is not the big bad DFB or Hopp that e.g. is responsible for the fan ban for the BVB fans in the Hoffenheim matches but them - there were enough warnings before!

Cant remember anyone complain when Timo Werner gets singled out every match day and gets targeted with the same chants Hopp got to hear. Hoffenheim fans were chanting them as well.

Why does the DFB protect one of the sugar daddies of the league but doesnt do anything against the abuse a single player has to endure?

Also why Monday night football will soon be a thing of the past in Germany. Most people in England would be appalled by the idea of fighting a common goal with other clubs' supporters. Better to mock City's empty seats than to look at why many football fans don't attend at every stadium. Travelling to a match for free, buying a reasonably priced beer outside, enjoying decent food at low prices, paying as little as 13 euros for a tickets, drinking a beer whilst watching the match and generally being treated like a grown up will be things that we'll never experience at Premier League football simply because most supporters would rather carry on with the status quo than stick together and aim for change like Bundesliga fans.

Nail on the head! I absolutely love England and the football culture but the one thing that sticks out to me is the "mocking attitude" people have.

Someone comes up with an idea, like protesting against ticket prices, improving the atmosphere with a singing section, organising a tifo and people would rather take the piss out of that person than supporting the cause.

Say what you want about Ultras and the orchestrated singing etc, but at least football fans in Germany put up a fight and try to prevent football from becoming like in the PL with the working class getting outpriced, tourists taking over and people sitting in silence and complaining.

I went to see Salford City v Plymouth on a Tuesday night a couple of weeks ago (I'm trying to complete The 92). The total attendance was 2,297, and Plymouth had taken 1,005 of them which was phenomenal on a Tuesday night with a probable 10-12 hour round trip.

Cant remember anyone complain when Timo Werner gets singled out every match day and gets targeted with the same chants Hopp got to hear. Hoffenheim fans were chanting them as well.

Why does the DFB protect one of the sugar daddies of the league but doesnt do anything against the abuse a single player has to endure?

First - times have changed! Hopefully people learn, not just the DFB but the acting fans, too.

Second - the story with Hopp is an ongoing story since years that now culminated, not just a single occasion or a reaction on recent misbehaviour.

It was not just about Hopp but a power struggle, too. The fans and even the ultras really have a big freedom here in Germany, but everything has a limit.

As a Bayern fan: After the last week I really would have liked to talk about the performances of our team and single players - but the last days it was 5% about them, 95 about this topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.