Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wondering at all I saw the lineup at start

Can I be the first City fan to note that according to the Europa League schedule, Schalke are due to host a certain French team, by the name of OC Nice, the day after our game in Monchengladbach.
It's just a shame that Nice haven't just signed a certain Ex-City, Italian madman.

@siathers et al, fixture changes have been confirmed for Bundesliga 1 & 2 up to the end of November, as have most of the other leagues around Europe (Italy, Netherlands, Belgium etc).

Did I forget anything? :)

Your confidence that Frankfurt will get relegated every season, and then surprise when they stay up. Admittedly you were nearly right last season.

Can I be the first City fan to note that according to the Europa League schedule, Schalke are due to host a certain French team, by the name of OC Nice, the day after our game in Monchengladbach.
It's just a shame that Nice haven't just signed a certain Ex-City, Italian madman.

I did spot that myself. Tickets are only €15 too. Working on another trip at the minute (which is proving to be more expensive than I had anticipated) so not sure about that yet. I haven't booked a flight home after Gladbach yet though....

Dortmund are home the night before our game too but I'll see how easy it is to get tickets. Back up option is an Ice Hockey game which many on here have recommended in the past.

@siathers et al, fixture changes have been confirmed for Bundesliga 1 & 2 up to the end of November, as have most of the other leagues around Europe (Italy, Netherlands, Belgium etc).

Your confidence that Frankfurt will get relegated every season, and then surprise when they stay up. Admittedly you were nearly right last season.

I did spot that myself. Tickets are only €15 too. Working on another trip at the minute (which is proving to be more expensive than I had anticipated) so not sure about that yet. I haven't booked a flight home after Gladbach yet though....

Dortmund are home the night before our game too but I'll see how easy it is to get tickets. Back up option is an Ice Hockey game which many on here have recommended in the past.

Yep, I'm looking at a similar venture: Dortmund, Monchengladbach, Schalke, Fortuna, Cologne. Depends if the Burnley game is switched.

Alright, lets keep this one alive then, quick summary of the latest events:

@Rhineland: Still dreaming of Hennes at night
Did I forget anything? :)

You did indeed," ... and day!"

I had hoped for Düsseldorf away in the DFB-Pokal 2nd round, and got Ho$$enheim instead, at least a home match for a change...

Was going to suggest a 'blue moon Bundesliga thread convention' in Frankfurt when Eintracht are to play Cologne with lots of other matches on that weekend to pick from for @cptaidan88 @Scaring Europe to Death or others, only to find out that's on the first weekend in Nov (and I'll be in London then).

I'm fitting in two trips to Germany before Christmas. Finalised details for the first, and waiting for the 3 Liga fixture changes before booking my flight home after Mönchengladbach (they should be out any day now).

First trip in October starts in Barcelona for our game (obviously), then with a bit of a costly detour through Vienna and my first experience of a 'night train', I'm intending to be in Würzburg on the Friday to see them play Karlsruhe on the 21st October. Following day in Darmstadt to see them play Wolfsburg, before heading across to the East to visit Leipzig and see everyone's favourite team play Werder Bremen, and flying home afterwards. Needless to say I'll be spending a considerable amount of time on trains!

This will take me up to 17/18 Bundesliga grounds though so I can just about justify the traveling to myself - struggling to justify the expense but I've booked it now....

As always, any advice for touristy things to do in any of those places is much appreciated.

2nd trip is a bit less definitive and I'm not going to be able to tick off Wolfsburg on that one but hoping to tick a few more off in Buli 2 and 3 Liga teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.