Bundesliga: The Best League in the World

The majority of Germans still sees the Premier League and La Liga well above the Bundesliga, as they consider football quality as the most important criterion. And imo it should be so.

The problem in the Bundesliga (or good thing, however you wanna see it) is that there is always 1 suprise team each season. Last year it was Gladbach that finished fourth, lost Reus, Dante and Neustädter and has been playing like a relegation team ever since. Two seasons ago, we fucked up in the CL even though generally we played pretty well. It's no secret that we're very wasteful with our chances.

There are a lot of good things in the Bundesliga, but there are also a lot of things to improve. In terms of marketing, for example, the Premier League is by far the very best. You won't see many people with a jersey of a Bundesliga team outside of Germany. The Bundesliga also had a piss poor TV deal except for the most recent one, which put it at a huge financial disadvantage.

Ultimately, I'd rather have 3 or 4 very strong leagues that are fairly even than one super league, as it makes European games a lot more exciting. It just saddens me how great leagues like Serie A or Eredivisie basically had fallen apart, even though the Dutch have been improving in recent years.

SambaStyle said:
Also wanted to add Arsenal took 4 out of 6 pts from Dortmund last season when they won the league and were arguably better than they are now.

Dortmund didn't even come close to reproducing their league form in the CL last season, the other night they did.

SambaStyle said:
jimharri said:
SambaStyle said:
Not the best league in the world, 2nd or 3rd after PL and La Liga maybe.
You'd have the PL as the best league in the world? Seriously?

Absolutely!

-- Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:33 pm --

jimharri said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Who would you have as the top league? Only La Liga and Bundesliga come close but with Barca and Madrid completely dominating, unfair tv deals and poor attendances i would say La Liga is third best. Although the fans are immense in the Bundesliga in terms of the number of quality of teams the prem is better.
Sorry about the delay in replying (dinner!). Depends on how you define ''best'' really. In terms of excitement and entertainment, the PL is certainly up there. But in terms of technical quality, I would go with La Liga, followed by the Bundesliga. If you would compare teams in any given league position (top, 3rd, 7th, 15th etc etc) I would take an educated guess that the majority of the better teams in those pairings would be in La Liga. And we all saw how Dortmund gave us a severe chasing on wednesday night, particularly in the second half, when they came on very strongly.

One game is not an indicator of what a team would do over the course of the season. Dortmund have a better manager and tactics than us but we have the better players and therefore would probably finish higher due to more individual brilliance over the season.

dortmund have better manager ? and players,i would say bollox.
dortmund played at their best we didnt,we could quite easily do the same to dortmund in germany,we have no form at the moment and got a draw,lucky ill grant you,be we were playing at 70% at best

bayern blade said:
SambaStyle said:
Also wanted to add Arsenal took 4 out of 6 pts from Dortmund last season when they won the league and were arguably better than they are now.

Dortmund didn't even come close to reproducing their league form in the CL last season, the other night they did.

Whose fault is that? Did we reproduce our great form vs Dortmund?<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:14 pm --<br /><br />
sir peace frog said:
SambaStyle said:
jimharri said:

Absolutely!

jimharri said:
Sorry about the delay in replying (dinner!). Depends on how you define ''best'' really. In terms of excitement and entertainment, the PL is certainly up there. But in terms of technical quality, I would go with La Liga, followed by the Bundesliga. If you would compare teams in any given league position (top, 3rd, 7th, 15th etc etc) I would take an educated guess that the majority of the better teams in those pairings would be in La Liga. And we all saw how Dortmund gave us a severe chasing on wednesday night, particularly in the second half, when they came on very strongly.

One game is not an indicator of what a team would do over the course of the season. Dortmund have a better manager and tactics than us but we have the better players and therefore would probably finish higher due to more individual brilliance over the season.

dortmund played at their best we didnt,we could quite easily do the same to dortmund in germany,we have no form at the moment and got a draw,lucky ill grant you,be we were playing at 70% at best

Better manager and team ethic but not better individual players.

Mancini is a good manager but I don't think he's great or in the top 5 or 10 worldwide.

Look at QPR and Reading's squads. If you think they would be relegation scrappers in the Bundesliga you are quite simply wrong.

Depends on your definition of best.

It means different things to different people and few will change their view over a lifetime.

sir peace frog said:
SambaStyle said:
jimharri said:

Absolutely!

jimharri said:

??????? Aren't they the reason you played like that? A good team makes the other team Look like "they aren't playing at their best". I wills put a tenner that you will not do that to dortmund in Germany

The Bundesliga is not always cheap, I'm being charged € 62 for the Hamburg away game in November, frankly I expect to be sitting next to Hoeneß for that money !
Tbf I know a lot of fans boycott games in Hamburg because of the high prices for away fans.

bayern blade said:
The Bundesliga is not always cheap, I'm being charged € 62 for the Hamburg away game in November, frankly I expect to be sitting next to Hoeneß for that money !
Tbf I know a lot of fans boycott games in Hamburg because of the high prices for away fans.
For that money, I'd expect Heidi Klum to be sitting on my fa, er, lap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.