Bundesliga Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know really. I could easily be so far off the mark again with my predictions. I expected them to do better last time (and they went down apparently), gut feeling tells me they will battle for survival again and eg Rostock will do better than Dresden (also gut feeling only, not based on any knowledge about squads or anything other, mind).

Today's opening match to the start of the 3. Liga between Osnabrück and Duisburg has been called off yesterday, as there were a couple of Duisburg players and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19.

The opening match to the start of the 2. Liga between Schalke and Hamburg, however, will go ahead as planned, with Schalke coming back from selfisolation, after their keeper, Ralf Fährmann, had tested positive as well. Will be interesting to see how both clubs will cope with the pressure and expectations. Schalke have signed midfielder Dominick Drexler from Cologne on wednesday, and the best 2. Liga striker (Niall Quinn type) Simon Terodde from Hamburg at the start of the season. They proved to be some kind of "promotion guarantee" when they played for Cologne three seasons ago.

Very difficult to predict the outcome, I go for a 2-1 away win for Hamburg, Schalke might need to adopt to the 2. Liga with their new squad and learn to cope with the pressure. Both teams should surely be strong enough to finish in the top 3, however, this has been the case for Hamburg since they were relegated to the 2. Liga and they didn't... Will be fun to watch from a neutral perspective again.

Last edited:
Today's opening match to the start of the 3. Liga between Osnabrück and Duisburg has been called off yesterday, as there were a couple of Duisburg players and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19.

The opening match to the start of the 2. Liga between Schalke and Hamburg, however, will go ahead as planned, with Schalke coming back from selfisolation, after their keeper, Ralf Fährmann, had tested positive as well. Will be interesting to see how both clubs will cope with the pressure and expectations. Schalke have signed midfielder Dominick Drexler from Cologne on wednesday, and the best 2. Liga striker (Niall Quinn type) Simon Terodde from Hamburg at the start of the season. They proved to be some kind of "promotion guarantee" when they played for Cologne three seasons ago.

Very difficult to predict the outcome, I go for a 2-1 away win for Hamburg, Schalke might need to adopt to the 2. Liga with their new squad and learn to cope with the pressure. Both teams should surely be strong enough to finish in the top 3, however, this has been the case for Hamburg since they were relegated to the 2. Liga and they didn't... Will be fun to watch from a neutral perspective again.
What’s the score with regards to fans tonight mate?

Last edited:
What’s the score with regards to fans tonight mate?
About 20.000 home fans allowed (about 1/3 of the capacity), away fans will be allowed from MD 3 on (also in the Bundesliga). They will start with 5% of the allowed capacity and extend it back to 10% when when authorities allow full capacity again.

Last edited:
Have just noticed that Sancho has finally signed for the rags, shame really. A really good deal for Dortmund, they will get more than 10 times the money they paid for him when they signed him from City.

https://fc.de/en/fc-info/news/detailpage/details/fc-come-together-to-help-flood-victims/

csm_Ahrweiler_hp_1_69db47e5b5.jpg

Sky Sports have got the rights to show the Bundesliga for the next 4 years in the UK.

As it stands, I don't think this is good news as I think it will mean they will end up showing less (as I think they'll prioritise PL and EFL games). I guess we'll see.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.