Bundesliga Thread - 2023/24

Good morning to those who have an interest in German football/groundhopping/beer/Bratwurst or whatever...

Bundesliga season kicks off tonight with Bayern playing away at Bremen.

All eyes obviously on Harry Kane to see how he does on what is most likely going to be his starting 11 debut.

Tomorrow the one and only relevant football club starts into the season with a derby against newly promoted Darmstadt 98. Or as we call them Lilienschweine (Lily Pigs...Lily because they carry the flower in their crest and that's the nickname the supporters use for their team).

Unfortunately the remodeling of our ground will not be done in time, so capacity will only be 55000 instead of the 58000 capacity the ground is supposed to have soon.

Seems like the summer is coming back with a vengeance in the next days so expect a lot of water breaks during the matches while the sun roasts us with close to 40 degree.
I'm not sure if the phrase "Giant Killing" in used in Germany, but here's a few photos from Unterhaching's 2-0 victory over Augsburg last Sunday. I also attended Regensburg v Magdeburg the following evening en route to Athens.

Showing my age, but one of Unterhaching's stands was reminiscent of the old Main Stand at Molyneux that was demolished in the late 70s.

Attachments

• Unter 1.jpg
    Unter 1.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Unter 2.jpg
    Unter 2.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Unter 3.jpg
    Unter 3.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Unter 4.jpg
    Unter 4.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 7
Stupid question but it’s been a minute since I’ve been over but is there still free transportation with a match ticket?
For the majority of grounds there is free transportation within reasonable boundaries. So if you got a ticket for Hamburg you obviously can't use it to hop on a train to Munich, but can use it to go around the city/suburb areas only. I think there are some clubs where the train is not included like Bayern and I think for Union Berlin it's not included either. Not sure if there are any other exceptions.

I'm not sure if the phrase "Giant Killing" in used in Germany, but here's a few photos from Unterhaching's 2-0 victory over Augsburg last Sunday. I also attended Regensburg v Magdeburg the following evening en route to Athens.

Showing my age, but one of Unterhaching's stands was reminiscent of the old Main Stand at Molyneux that was demolished in the late 70s.
Lots of giant killing going on in the first round of the cup. Augsburg was not the only one to fall victim to a lower league club.

Bet it was fun getting burned to a crisp on what seemed to be the only sunny day in weeks. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.