Bundesliga Thread - 2023/24

That Bochum - Düsseldorf relegation match was insane.
Bochum player Schlotterbeck gave an interview after losing 3-0 at home and said "Let them celebrate over there (pointing towards Düsseldorf players in front of the away section), we will strike back on Tuesday"

Everyone was laughing at his statement

Last edited:
Cup Final Day is just a tried cliche. Pointless cup unless it's won as part of a double or treble. It hardly even saves jobs these days when won as the only trophy in a season. First Van Gaal and now eight years later maybe Poundland Pep.
Tell that to Newcastle, Spurs, Everton or Leeds fans who between them have not won a single trophy of merit for 132 years. It meant a lot in 2011.

Tell that to Newcastle, Spurs, Everton or Leeds fans who between them have not won a single trophy of merit for 132 years. It meant a lot in 2011.
Well said, mate.

That FA Cup win meant the world to me, as I’m sure it did to Blues everywhere.

And I still value the League Cup highly, as Dennis' OHK was all we had to cling on to for 35 years.

Saw an English guy completed "the 56" (seeing a game at all grounds in the top 3 tiers of Germany) earlier this year. Probably not the first person British person to achieve it, but it has motivated me to make a real go at it the next few years.

Remaining grounds I need to get to:
Buli: Bochum, Freiburg (new), and Heidenheim.

Buli 2: Braunschweig, Elversberg, Magdeburg, Münster, and Ulm.

3. liga : Aue, Cottbus, Dortmund II, Essen, Viktoria Köln, Mannheim, Osnabrück, Saarbrücken, Stuttgart II, and Verl.

Have been to Wurzburg, but might need to go to Hanover II if they win promotion.

If fixtures fell kindly I reckon it's doable in 5-6 long weekends. I'm getting married in February though so might be difficult getting through too many this season, but the NRW seems like a perfect place for a stag do.

Not sure where I stand with Karlsruhe either as it has been completely rebuilt since my last visit. There's a few more in the regionalligas which tempt me as well.

Bit surprised that Dortmund coach has left by mutual agreement.

Lost in the final of the CL, 5th and qualification for CL again.
5th is not good enough for them. The champions league run masked that.

Think it all stems from losing the league on the last game of the season last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.