Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

Average first half and sloppy goal but brilliant again second. Same recovered well after some poor crosses at the start of the half. Great back heel for the 2nd and aguero amongst the goals. Not sure why he felt the need to bring De Bruyne on but hey ho.

Weird watching it with the standers in level 1 having been moved from SS3. You don't see the bigger picture and runs off the ball so much down there. Some right dinosaurs in there too. "Play it forward" "get rid of it"

Have they been watching us for the last 2 years?

Proved finally that noise doesn't travel in that part of the ground either. Couldn't hear Burnley fans at all. Not one song and I guess there must have been some noise up there. City fans noise doesn't travel much either even on same tier. The acoustics are obviously very poor.

And where in the league table are they. They do not have the players to play attractive football so Dyche plays to the strengths he has - don't see what the issue is

Yes, see, that's why I said "I'm not one to argue with the results." Just pointing out data.

Incidentally, the rags for all they've spent are 6th in passes and 14th in long balls.

That's the best Gundogan has played since his injury. A lot of the comments about Gundogan are correct when descibing previous games for us - but against Spurs and again today against Burnley he was very good.- back to where he was before he got injured. It bodes well for the run in and when we play two big games a week.later in the season.

Well played to Burnley, they are having a great season. Well played to the toothless wonder in the 2nd tier of the south stand.

Burnley could defend all day and negate most of the orthodox approaches to attacking football if they played orthodox teams all day. But we are unorthodox and two or three elements of the unorthodox and they were undone.

Teams who come to defend have to get it right every single time. Stonesy blooper showed how easy it is to lose concentration, drop a bollock and let the opposition in.

I do take umbrage at whoever was reviewing the game on the big screen when they said that Burnley went in at HT with a deserved lead. They had done fuck all except capitalise on an error. What were the stats for the first half?
I have yet to see one of our centre halves hoof it 80 yards and 50 yards up in the air, hoping for a good bounce or a mistake to get us in on goal.

There was a point in the second half, before we equalised I think, where a Burnley player just hoofed it up to our left back spot. There was no one there for attack or defence. We just had to get someone to go and retrieve it and begin again.

I have bemoaned the fact that Burnley regularly come away from a game with more points than they have had shots on target, but that is the way they play and they have seen that it brings in the points. They aren't sixth in the PL playing sweeping, pacey, eyewatering football.

Ha, funny how people see the same game differently. I thought Gundogan was very good today!

Pep reaction to him when subbed tells you all you need to know and just what he thought of his game today.

Agreed he is a Rolls Royce of a player imo.

Burnley are comfortably 7th in the league. With their resources, anyway you look at it, that is a fantastic achievement. They are ahead of Everton FFS! Anyone think their fans are questioning the style of play? Of course not, they are revelling in the best Burnley side in living memory. It's dreamland. Good luck to them, their fans, and their manager. This is english football and there have always been teams like this, with a manager who knows the limits of his club and plays to their strengths. It's part of the english footballing landscape. There is joy for fans supporting a team like this, and I applaud them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.