Burnley (A) - Fri 11th Aug | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCFC1993

Kick off time 20:00 (BST). Live on Sky Sports for those in the UK.

The start of our title defence. A chance to be the first team to win 4 titles in-a-row in the Premier League era.

Can't imagine the Community Shield defeat will linger in the players thoughts for too long. I'm already over it to be honest.

I'm sure Vinny will have his lads right up for it, newly promoted sides always are and it's why Sky picks these games for TV/first game of the season.

Tough to predict our starting XI I thought Foden and De Bruyne looked sharp when they came on.

My Predicted XI:
-------------------Ederson
Walker---Stones---Dias---Akanji
----------------------Rodri
----------De Bruyne---Kovacic
Bernardo------Haaland------Foden

Might be slightly harsh on Grealish, just thought Foden looked sharper.

..............Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Akanji
.............Rodri
.......De Bruyne Foden
Bernardo...............Grealish
............Haaland

I thought Kovacic was good but I'm curious to see if he immediately becomes a starter in the league. I'm going with Akanji on the right for Walker if Ake is fit as we're going to dominate the ball and he gives us far more in the attacking third. Also, throwing Palmer in because why not? Let's see if he can build on his outing tonight. I think KDB comes back slowly as the season is long.

..............Ederson
Akanji Stones Dias Ake
.............Rodri
.......Bernardo Foden
Palmer(?)...............Grealish
............Haaland

I thought Kovacic was good but I'm curious to see if he immediately becomes a starter in the league. I'm going with Akanji on the right for Walker if Ake is fit as we're going to dominate the ball and he gives us far more in the attacking third. Also, throwing Palmer in because why not? Let's see if he can build on his outing tonight. I think KDB comes back slowly as the season is long.

..............Ederson
Akanji Stones Dias Ake
.............Rodri
.......Bernardo Foden
Palmer(?)...............Grealish
............Haaland

I agree on your point about KDB. I think we should slowly integrate him back into the side after injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.