Burnley (A) - Fri 11th Aug | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't the Burnley team we were used to under Dyche.

They play some progressive stuff under Vinny and we all know from previous seasons how difficult promoted sides are in their first few games of the season, especially at home.

They have been in pre-season from before we played in the Champions League final as well, whereas we look a good few weeks of our best.

Still expect a win, but I just think a tough rollercoaster of a game awaits.

Without being patronising, Burnley are a good Championship-promoted team who fully deserve their place in the PL. If we don’t beat them, and comfortably (2 goal margin), it‘ll be a poor result. if we don’t hit the ground running, there’s others that will.

Not bothered what the result will be. A point's fine. 3 will be fantastic given how short our pre-season has been. Let's hope we have a good week of training. Thought we looked decent today against a full strength Arsenal, who've had a longer pre-season than us - and we should have won.

It's a marathon, not a sprint and we're the best marathon team in the world. I hope we're looking more like our best by the end of the month.

Last edited:
Without being patronising, Burnley are a good Championship-promoted team who fully deserve their place in the PL. If we don’t beat them, and comfortably (2 goal margin), it‘ll be a poor result. if we don’t hit the ground running, there’s others that will.
Exactly. We literally beat them 6-0 recently. Surely we can A) win and B) quite comfortably? That's even if they are better now than they were then. We have much more difficult games coming up, against Seville and even harder, against Newcastle.

I think I‘d go:

—————-Ederson———-
Walker-Stones-Dias-Ake
————Rodri—Kovacic—
——————-Foden———-
Bernardo—Haaland—-Grealish

On the basis that De Bruyne didn‘t look anywhere close fitness-wise. If he is by Friday, then:

—————Ederson———
Walker-Stones-Dias-Ake
——————Rodri———-
—-De Bruyne—Bernardo—
Foden—-Haaland—-Grealish

Hoping that, once everyone gets properly up to speed, he might look at De Bruyne and Foden playing together centrally - the extra security of having Stones pushing in alongside Rodri maybe makes that more viable than in previous years. But probably a bit too soon for now.

A win is a good result in our first 6 games.

We should be reaching fitness and rhythm by then.

If we have to win it on the last game again so be it.

Without being complacent,arrogant or raggish, most realistic people believe we remain the team to beat and I agree with them !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.