Burnley (A) - Fri 11th Aug | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand how Phil is ever supposed to improve on these things if Pep never gives him the opportunity... I agree that he's a bit lightweight off the ball although the upside of starting him versus Kovacic is pretty significant.

I just fear he's going to run out of patience.
The training pitch is his opportunity though. I feel the same when people defend Phillips and say he hasn’t had a chance. Training every single day infront of Pep’s eyes are his chances. They have to show what he’s looking for.

Agreed. Glad the club is taking head injuries seriously.
Rugby players aren’t allowed to do any contact training for a minimum of 12 days after suffering from a concussion. I actually don’t know what the law is for football.

The training pitch is his opportunity though. I feel the same when people defend Phillips and say he hasn’t had a chance. Training every single day infront of Pep’s eyes are his chances. They have to show what he’s looking for.
Well, it's been five years now so maybe the hard truth is that it's not ever going to happen under Pep as it likely would have by now if it were in his plans in the slightest.

It's tough to swallow as I can't recall a performance of his playing centrally where he was EVER poor, looked out of his depth, etc... Quite the opposite in fact.

I hate going to promoted teams first home match, they are at their most dangerous with a team high on confidence and a crowd giddy after promotion. That said we look in decent shape, if KDB and Phil get decent minutes we should be more creative. If we’re anywhere near our best we should be fine.

I hate going to promoted teams first home match, they are at their most dangerous with a team high on confidence and a crowd giddy after promotion. That said we look in decent shape, if KDB and Phil get decent minutes we should be more creative. If we’re anywhere near our best we should be fine.
Couldn't agree more, and if we start slow this year imo we ain't catching whoever is at top, need a winning start but very nervous tbh

Only think Gvardiol will start if Stones isn’t available (rumours he also picked up an injury in training).

My prediction:

Ederson
Walker
Akanji
Stones/Gvardiol
Ake
Rodri
Kovacic
De Bruyne/Foden
Bernardo
Grealish
Haaland
@Ric, Ric, Ric, don’t say John Stones is injured, I was so looking forward to the match to see him play.

Complete downer now! ;-) ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.