Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by MCFC1993, 3 Dec 2019.

1. nottsco2-0

nottsco2-0

I guess you could teach others the role, but he plays DM, CB and RWB in one game for us - it's not so much the physical/technical ability to do that, it's the tactical understanding of when to do it

2. razinho

razinho

Played well and first game in a while I've enjoyed watching - has to be said that we weren't challenged an awful lot but all down to the aggression in the back 2 and Rodri.

No changes needed for the weekends game, just need to keep a bit of momentum and performances and see where we end up at the start of the year.

3. simon23

simon23

Team supported:
    ManCity
    That was much more like it! with the caveat that Burnley were awful (but our possession game made them awful) that was one of the better performances this season.

I was hugely critical of Gabreil Jesus at weekend having said he needs to step up more if he wants to establish himself - thats the level of performance that he needs on a regular basis - he now has a chance in a derby to solidify it more.

Rodri - Im hoping that settles the argument about who is better in that position. The difference between him and Gundogan is chalk and cheese in every respect (even forgetting the goal he is far superior)

Angelino - should start the derby over Mendy - he should be the first chice left back on current form.

KDB finally looks like he is getting to 100%

B. Silva - after being probably one of the top performers last season he has struggled but tonight he started to show what he was last season.

Passing and movement off the ball was so much better, crisp and clinical

Excellent performance all around. We just need to maintain that over the winter until we get Laporte back and then we can see what will happen.

sir baconface likes this.
  4. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

Captain Obvious.

blueinsa likes this.
  5. axlgod

axlgod

Loved Rodri’s post match comments.

Total belief we can win the title until maths say otherwise.

Heisenberg's Blue Sky likes this.
  6. Eccles Blue

Eccles Blue

What a great interview with Rodders there. No hesitation, “we can win the league”.

I agree with the people who are saying how unbiased the coverage has been from Amazon. Balanced views without snide remarks.

chesterbells likes this.
  7. sir baconface

sir baconface

Course e fookin as, yer soft get... :)

Last edited: 3 Dec 2019
  8. Bluemoon115

Bluemoon115

Needs Bernado inside & Marhrez out wide. They both switch so much, which causes defences headaches, and as you say, allows Mahrez to thrive.

9. trumpton

trumpton

Kdb higher up the pitch, Rodrigo in for gundy and a left back who has a brain. That was the difference compared to the weekend.

BlueT likes this.
  10. Sergio<3

Sergio<3

Best performance of the season so far,no mendy and gundo, coincidence? Well done City, bring on them bastards on Saturday