Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

You can legitimately argue that the points are valid, but I'd guess that all the people that have brought Gundogan's name up tonight in that sense are people who have form for calling him out.

We played really well tonight, our best performance for months and several top individual performances too.
If we're basing things solely off of tonight's game, why are there no comments about how much better we are with Walker and not Cancelo?
Why are there no more than the odd single comment about how much better we are without Mendy, or Mahrez, or Bravo, or Aguero, or Stones, or with Bernardo in CM compared to what we saw tonight?

My point is that people bringing up the fact that they feel we're better without Gundogan is unnecessary and using this performance as a means of putting him down is the same.

Spot on

Agreed about the performance. Luckily the officials didnt matter, as i thought they missed a clear red for Hendricks challenge on Silva. A miracle that David didnt get injured.

Yes, there were quite a few challenges that were crude and potentially could have injured our lads and the officials ignored them but our lads were so good the officials didn't matter - but that's not a credit to their officiating. The challenge you refer to certainly got Dave riled - but not the ref! We've all seen reds given in those cases.

We are better without him,him,dave and rodders is too slow and gundy gets in daves way,dave is the better player so he shouldn't drop out,he had loads ofspace to work last night without gundy getting in the way
You can't prove that we wouldn't have done well without him last night. There was no indication after the Newcastle game that ANY of our players would play like they did yesterday, but they did.

I'll acknowledge Gundogan probably wouldn't have been as good as Rodri, but if everyone else suddenly had a great game last night I don't see why Gundogan wouldn't have either.

And again, whether it's valid or not to point out the team looked good or not without Gundogan is irrelevant. Because people are just using it as an excuse to beat him over the head with, as always, as opposed to genuinely making a point about the team in earnest.

I actually though dave was very ineffective last night, personally I feel Gundo would be better served in that position

I thought Dave was very good last night..moved into space well and always looking to receive the ball and get the attack going forward quickly.

You would have thought he would have popped that zit before his interview though :)
Ha! I've had a few of them moments myself. One that sticks in the mind was an evening with a lovely lady only to find out in the morning I had a nose hair Tarzan would be proud of protruding out of my nostril. Poor girl.

You can't prove that we wouldn't have done well without him last night. There was no indication after the Newcastle game that ANY of our players would play like they did yesterday, but they did.

I'll acknowledge Gundogan probably wouldn't have been as good as Rodri, but if everyone else suddenly had a great game last night I don't see why Gundogan wouldn't have either.

And again, whether it's valid or not to point out the team looked good or not without Gundogan is irrelevant. Because people are just using it as an excuse to beat him over the head with, as always, as opposed to genuinely making a point about the team in earnest.
Loads of us call every week when team news comes out,it just does not work having the 3 of them together,i'm sorry but it is what it is,it's not in hindsight

Loads of us call every week when team news comes out,it just does not work having the 3 of them together,i'm sorry but it is what it is,it's not in hindsight
Yes it is. It always is.

Loads of you call him out and often he plays well after. Most of you call Pep out every week over something.

You all brought him up to bash him. Doesn't matter if you had a point, because you weren't trying to make it.

Ha! I've had a few of them moments myself. One that sticks in the mind was an evening with a lovely lady only to find out in the morning I had a nose hair Tarzan would be proud of protruding out of my nostril. Poor girl.
Nose and ear hairs are truly awful the older you get. I try and keep mine trimmed but the fuckers come out at night. My mate has enough up his nose to stuff a pillow but how do you tell him? He’s very sensitive is Hirsute Schnoz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.