Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

Collectively we look in very good shape, very pleased Bernardo and Walker are staying, good result, solid team performance but few individual pointers;

Ederson - Poor decision making 1st half, Good 2nd.

Akanji - Looks very fit but has lapses in concentration (same as last season)

Rodri - Consistently performs at a high level, integral player.

Foden - contrary to other posters I thought he was average, I see so many inconsistencies in his game, if we're judging it by actions, he does one thing a 7/10 then the next 3/10.

Alvarez - Tactial awareness poor, decisive actions poor.

Bernardo - Tactically suberb, game management of the highest level, wasted on the wings againts lower opposition.

Haaland - Looks sharp.

Lewis - Had a very underwhelming game, sloppy, and pressed into making mistakes.
Foden is more like 10/10 and when he needs to finish those moves off, he is 2/10...so frustrating to watch sometimes ,could be an absolute killer if he improves his actions near the box...even more frustrating when he is in my fantasy team :D

Good performance.

Never a red card in a million years that. I had worse challenges every weekend in Sunday league than that and not a card was shown. Just brushed myself down and got on with it. Game's gone soft. Full of mard arses nowadays.
Clarkie? That was a leg breaker mate, no attempt to play the ball and uncontrolled.

Pep seems happy to let Walker go wide.

2nd half he stopped asking Lewis to invert and told him to go wide, had 2 benefits.

Another control midfielder took Lewis' spot and Kovacic did this wonderfully, and the winger (Foden) is also then allowed to play more centrally.

This meant the midfield was packed with 3 pure controllers (Rodri, Kovac, Bernie) and both wingers tucking in (Phil, Palmer), jamming 5 in the middle giving the goalie and 2 CB's many options.

This is like full circle from Pep back to Barca days where he played 433, and it became like a 235 in attack with fullbacks wide rather than wingers.

It was probably just a system used for circumstance, but curious how often we see this by Pep.

View attachment 89848

Fuckin "yells".

Ok.

Even by sky sports news shite reporting of things blue using the headlines of 'yells' is comical.

Get to fuck sky. One game in and already dressing something up out of nothing.
Even neutrals aren't having it. Lots of comments under the video on YouTube of people saying "It's just Pep being Pep and Haaland's not arsed, leave it alone".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.