Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

You guys shouldn't be falling for the media narrative around Haaland/Guardiola. It's nothing. Like de Bruyne/Guardiola in Madrid. Even talking about it gives it too much credibility.

Has Sam Lee written 10 articles and gone on 10 podcasts speculating how Pep and Haaland hate each other yet?

Would be quite easy for him to do tbh, just use the find a replace tool in Word to change Aguero to Haaland.

Away wins to nil are becoming the traditional season opener for the world's best team, City mopping up Burnley very smartly. Haaland did what he does, Rodri brilliant. Good to see Kovacic settle so quickly.

Sluggish moments and sloppy moments especially at the back. Lewis once again targeted by more senior pros, I think he's probably a subject of team talks now, the amount he is literally pushed and kicked about. It'll make or break his career I reckon. He's just about winning the mental battle. Just.

Burnley looked ok, and certainly much fitter and more conditioned, but can they sustain that season long? And they look a bit toothless up front.

Away wins to nil are becoming the traditional season opener for the world's best team, City mopping up Burnley very smartly. Haaland did what he does, Rodri brilliant. Good to see Kovacic settle so quickly.

Sluggish moments and sloppy moments especially at the back. Lewis once again targeted by more senior pros, I think he's probably a subject of team talks now, the amount he is literally pushed and kicked about. It'll make or break his career I reckon. He's just about winning the mental battle. Just.

Burnley looked ok, and certainly much fitter and more conditioned, but can they sustain that season long? And they look a bit toothless up front.
Slow starters according to everyone on the radio there and back.

I remember blowing away West Ham and Arsenal away first up, not counting last season's win at the London Stadium. We only dropped points first game once since 2010, and last 2 times were both at WHL.

Thought Rodri was absolutely immense.

Great to see Erling back on the scoresheet as well, that will give him a boost.

We’re still very rusty but it was also an experimental line up by Pep and to be honest, an easier win than I thought we’d get before the match. We’ll need to be sharper for Newcastle so I think the Super Cup is actually well timed to give some extra minutes in some legs.

We were brilliant.

I always say it, but playing away on the first game of the season to a newly promoted side is probably the worst fixture you can have. The home crowd are up for it, their players are in "cup final mode" and against the Treble-winning legends. Throw in an ex-player who would love to manage us and it had all the hallmarks of a banana-skin!

The corner for the first goal was mesmerising. It goes without saying but Haaland is unplayable. It didn't matter what Burnley did, Haaland would just outscore them. If he doesn't get the Ballon D'Or this year or next, it's a disgrace. I've never seen a forward so clinical. He just seems to be in "cheat mode" and knows where the ball will land!

Rodri was exceptional, but I expect that from him. He's the best midfielder in his position in the world.

KdB going off is a worry and he's not getting any younger. I do think we have to start planning for him just not playing many games a season now sadly.

As for Burnley, they've improved from the days of Dyche taking another leathering and they were not likely to beat us in all honestly. However, plenty of players will want to play there as Kompany has changed them into a "Brighton-like" side and players know that if you play well in teams that play decent football the likes of City, Chelsea, Liverpool etc will come knocking. They looked like they've enough about them to stay up and I really hope they can do it.

Overall, great performance and a nice win against a side who were well up for it. On to the Super Cup next...

COME ON CITY! LET'S NAIL THAT SUPER CUP!

Pep seems to have a tendency to play these kids on their worst side. Palmer who`s favourite side to attack from in his appearances for the youth team always seemed to be down the right. Lewis is now getting game time on the left although through his young career he`s play mainly on the right.

Pep seems to have a tendency to play these kids on their worst side. Palmer who`s favourite side to attack from in his appearances for the youth team always seemed to be down the right. Lewis is now getting game time on the left although through his young career he`s play mainly on the right.
The yonner scrote who threw his lighter at Rico knew what he was doing...40 -1 in 11 games and he's got a life time ban.

Who says yonners arnt shmart ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.