Burnley (a) pre-match thread

Burnley (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't rest anybody for this. The next two games are the most important of the season to date . Win them and we are almost within touching distance and the chasing pack will give up although I think they have already. We then turn our attention to the cups and see where we are at the end of the month.
I think most of the chasing pack might not be too optimistic about the title but all will be wanting to ensure top 4 and won't give up.

Strongest 11 for this game and Leicester. Rest players against Chelsea and Arsenal in the league due to the cup fixtures. We can afford to draw/lose a couple so we might as well rest them in games where we could possibly lose points in. We need to concentrate on getting the wins against the 9 or so easier games. Yes I am saying we throw the chelsea and arsenal games so I've got my tin hat on ready for the abuse

Laporte was quality last night but he won’t have faced anyone like Burnley before. Back 4 has to be our most physical one on sat. Walker, Kompany, Otamendi and Danilo. Then they get a week off I think.

Why is anyone considering resting players? Yes the turnaround between the game last night and the Burnley game isn't ideal but they've had the same, as well as a trip back from Newcastle. The Leicester game is then a week away so we should go all out for Burnley.

Off topic slighty, I'd say the more important game is the first leg in Basel, so i'd be looking to potentially rest for Leicester. Get a big win against Basel away, we can start looking to rotate in the return leg when we have 4, 3, 3 then 3 days again between arsenal in cup, arsenal in league, chelsea in league and then the return vs basel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.