Burnley and the Suicide Squad etc.................

cubanheels said:
what a load of bollocks,i own a number of franchise stores for a well known coffee shop brand one in the shopping centre in Burnley.The locals are brilliant and everybody is passionate about the football club, in my opinion they will be a sad loss to the premier league compared to the likes of,wigan,blackburn,bolton,hull whos support is absolutly sh---e.Its a pity we didnt loan them Weiss,Ireland,Benjani etc.We are going tomorrow night with a load of staff in the Burnley end and cant bloody wait !

I don't think anyone can doubt the passion Burnley folk have for their team, even years ago, they used to draw 11/13,000, when Bury/Rochdale, which are similar sized towns, struggled to pull in 2,000.

It is still like Hicksville though, compared to nearby towns. Burnley folk even have their own unique accent, which is completely different to say Rossendale, five miles away, in the same way as a Hyde one is different to Stalybridge.

See yer layter.........

I was speaking to someone who was at the game with Blackburn last week and he said it got quite tasty and the Police told the pubs to close the doors; locking in those who were in already, and stopping others going in. Apparently it was all the pubs near the ground.

But I'm sure their hatred for t'Rovers is bigger than for us, so I doubt much trouble....though if you are scared I will do the honourable thing and buy your ticket off you.

That said, I went in a pub there before a game a few seasons back and it was the Suicide Squad pub. We drank our drinks and left, quickly sprinting. Stopped about 100 yards away and they were just coming out after us. They saw we'd gone and went back in!

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
cubanheels said:
what a load of bollocks,i own a number of franchise stores for a well known coffee shop brand one in the shopping centre in Burnley.The locals are brilliant and everybody is passionate about the football club, in my opinion they will be a sad loss to the premier league compared to the likes of,wigan,blackburn,bolton,hull whos support is absolutly sh---e.Its a pity we didnt loan them Weiss,Ireland,Benjani etc.We are going tomorrow night with a load of staff in the Burnley end and cant bloody wait !

I don't think anyone can doubt the passion Burnley folk have for their team, even years ago, they used to draw 11/13,000, when Bury/Rochdale, which are similar sized towns, struggled to pull in 2,000.

It is still like Hicksville though, compared to nearby towns. Burnley folk even have their own unique accent, which is completely different to say Rossendale, five miles away, in the same way as a Hyde one is different to Stalybridge.

See yer layter.........

Could you elaborate on the nearby towns that compare so favourably and why?

Why do people always put the frightners on away games?? Nothing will happen?

My best mate is in the East Lancs police (and a massive city fan), and always does the away end at burnley and after the game. He says nothing happens because there are too many police about.

He told me the best place to go for a drink is anywhere in the town center, and you will have no worries at all. And near the ground to go in the Cricket Ground where they let both sets of fans in.

Now everyone who reckons it's gona kick off your mistaken.

Superbia said:
Could you elaborate on the nearby towns that compare so favourably and why?

Fair question, and I'll try to answer it.

I'll start by saying I've nothing against Burnley, it is surrounded by some of the
nicest countryside in Lancashire, Cliviger, Pendle Witch country etc, but I just find the locals a bit "strange",... perhaps insular is a better word.

In my business, I come into daily dealings with people from Accrington, Clitheroe, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Wigan etc, and Burnley folk are definitely a breed apart, I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but I really think Burnley is the land time forgot.........:-))

All (imho) and no offence intended....<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:59 am --<br /><br />
BlueBoy85 said:
My best mate is in the East Lancs police (and a massive city fan), and always does the away end at burnley and after the game. He says nothing happens because there are too many police about.

Another of my sons is in the Lancashire force, and often polices Burnley home games, there should not be any issues tomorrow, just be careful which town centre pubs you go in wearing City colours......:-)

squirtyflower said:
Ja Salford Blue said:
Ive been reading the Burnley Pubs thread and FFS some people are going on like its going to be some sort of scene from the Football Factory.

People are saying things like:
"dont go in certain pubs unless your mob handed"
"stay out of Burnley town centre at all costs"
"The Suicide Squad meet here" etc..... (thats a top name by the way ha!)

How many times have we had this about different grounds this season, Everton, United (x2), Stoke (x2) and now Burnley. Its getting boring now.

Its simple if your worried then dont go! Otherwise stop the scaremongering!

(I'll proberbly be back on here on Sunday telling everyone about my night in Burnley general after this rant now!)
i follow city everywhere and there's only been two places that i've felt un-nerved in recent times stoke and burnley, both have their fair share of 70s neanderthals following them

you will get trouble in stoke but only if you go looking for it

mart said:
squirtyflower said:
i follow city everywhere and there's only been two places that i've felt un-nerved in recent times stoke and burnley, both have their fair share of 70s neanderthals following them

you will get trouble in stoke but only if you go looking for it
i never go looking for trouble
last year at the end of the game we were waiting for the buses to go back to the station when some kind-hearted stoke fan must have thought i was short for the new garden rockery i was building

this year we left very early and got a taxi back to the station

mcfcliam said:
dingle8.jpg

inbred.jpg

What have the Nevilles got to do with this thread?

to all the girl that are starting to dampen their knickers at the thought off going to burnley. i want to buy 3 tickets please, perhaps i could of phrased
that better and stood more of a chance.

if there are any tickets going i need 3 please gentlemen

r.soleofsalford said:
to all the girl that are starting to dampen their knickers at the thought off going to burnley. i want to buy 3 tickets please, perhaps i could of phrased
that better and stood more of a chance.

if there are any tickets going i need 3 please gentlemen
i had three spare too
but after that outburst you can forget it!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.