Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

Am I right in thinking Dias was playing out of position on the left side of the two ch ?
Yeah, he also played there midweek with Stones, who had had a solid games now coming back in on the right side. Two good things to come from this. Dias looked comfortable either side, and Stones looks to be building firm and confidence and fitness.

having 4 solid cbs who are versatile will help massively with the defensive. Garcia as 5th choice, we’re looking a lot better at the back now.

Seen as everyone is raving about Mahrez do you think he should start in the derby game ? Also same question about John stones and mendy ? Maybe we have turned the corner .
Ok but please play Foden instead of Gundo.
Mahrez mom, but Kev and Stones very good.

Seen as everyone is raving about Mahrez do you think he should start in the derby game ? Also same question about John stones and mendy ? Maybe we have turned the corner .
Mahrez to be fair to him, showed a side of his game today which he has rarely shown since arriving here. His passing game. Made some good choices today, some good first time passes to keep the speed in our attack.

He was different to what we usually see from him. He looked like he was playing with the team today. Long may it last. He had a really good game today.

Also Kev looked to be enjoying himself today. We looked more fluid, some nice overlaps from Walker providing an outlet for a surprisingly unselfish Mahrez today.

I think he will start in the derby, and if he plays as part of the team like he did today and brought more work rate to his defensive side then we’d have a player there.

I’ve been critical of him in here, but today it looked like we turned a corner, like the lads sat down and had a chat sorted some stuff out and executed the plan very well.

with our defense looking stronger we’re on a good footing going forward

First time this season it's felt like there's some feel good. Coming off a good win in mid-week and finally a solid win in the league, with a chance to wrap up top spot in Europe this week.

We've seen the formula to winning well today: Get men in the box.

It's nice for once to play early, win well and watch everyone else sweating and worrying.

Mendy and Stones look like players reborn, the last two games they have produced performances that make them undroppable.

Laporte has serious competition to get his place back, that can only be good for us.

Immediate post match thoughts are broadly thats more like it. Very decent performance despite being against a team that coming to the Etihad is their bogey on steroids.

Some good finishing at last and all five being clinically put away. Wont be a popular view of course but we looked so much better going forward without Sterling running into dead ends until he loses the ball or and momentum, that did not seem to happen today.

Thought Kev looked better, another promising showing by Torres with a good clinical finish thrown in. Mahrez hat trick speaks for itself and a very big performance by John Stones. Foden looked sharp when he came on and his cross for Mahrez third goal was absolute class and again something that would be beyond Sterling who often would be receiving that kind of ball in that position.

Strange to say after scoring five and having two ruled out, but for me we are that one top class striker away from being in with a good chance of winning the league again.
Totally agree about Sterling.

Very happy with this morning's performance. The rest did Kev the world of good, he's definitely needed it. I'm hoping he isn't used in the remaining Champions League games so he can buy some rest now we're through. He looked like himself again.

Special mention to Mahrez, I'm not his biggest fan but when he plays like that with his passing, and tracking back it opens up the rest of his game and he was rewarded with a hat trick. Fair play to him.

Mendy & Stones have come along a heap the past few games. Stones playing as he is gives us competition at the back, and on form he deserves to be starting over Laporte, which is a great thing for us. Mendy looks to have his fitness back, of course he can work on his delivery and touch but that will come with the more games he plays, if he stays fit he will be a weapon.

Positive response since the Spurs game, which I thought we should've won or got a point out of. The lads look a lot better now and the touch and movement has returned after a slow start to the season.

On to Porto and Fulham now, not phased by the Porto game, more concerned with carrying on the league form against Fulham next weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.