Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

Anyone got a clip of the offside goal? I struggled to see why it was ruled out and VAR seemingly didn’t even check it??
This is entirely the wrong part to check.

Jesus heads the ball into Torres, who is offside when Jesus heads the ball.

Mendy and Stones look like players reborn, the last two games they have produced performances that make them undroppable.

Laporte has serious competition to get his place back, that can only be good for us.
Cmon fella surely your not saying that stones should be in the team ahead of Laporte .think we are getting carried away. Atm .

But that's a joke of a decision. Torres is about one yard from Jesus. There is no meaningful way that that can be considered a “pass”. Any more than Laporte “passed” the ball to Jesus against Tottenham last season. Just one of several poor decisions courtesy of VAR yesterday. But they're happening every week.

Cmon fella surely your not saying that stones should be in the team ahead of Laporte .think we are getting carried away. Atm .
A fully fit and confident Stones is serious competition for any centre half.Laporte is far from his best going off last week,so,yes,its not an unreasonable statement.

But that's a joke of a decision. Torres is about one yard from Jesus. There is no meaningful way that that can be considered a “pass”. Any more than Laporte “passed” the ball to Jesus against Tottenham last season. Just one of several poor decisions courtesy of VAR yesterday. But they're happening every week.
But it is the rule whether you think that's sensible or not. I was more doubtful about the disallowed goal at the end. Jesus was fractionally ahead of the last defender, but looked level with the passer (KDB I think).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.