Burnley (H) | Post-Match Thread

Agree with most of the rest of your post, but not this, other than he isn't "world class", not even close for me.

Sterling is 10 inches shorter than most of Burnelys back 4, so keep crossing the ball was a fault of other players for me, he was totally isolated for the bulk of the game, I didn't think he did a lot wrong, until he went wide, when he just didn't do enough at all. It must be quite frustrating to be the CF against the biggest defence in the league at his size, and the ball keeps coming in at their head height, that's poor play from others for me. Foden went there for a period of the second half, and got the same shit service.

I think for his own benefit he probably needs to move on, though I'd first tell him to play back on the right, where he has been very good in the past, and run at the full back, because right now on the left he stops the play, and in the middle he looks clueless.

A player seriously out of confidence.
His winning the ball back near the centre spot set up our second goal.

Reactions: CC1
A lot of stick for Sterling, but i don't personally think he was that bad. He was making decent runs, there was at least 3 times he wasn't found with a simple pass that would have seen him one on one (whether he would have fluffed it is another matter). I think Mahrez was back to his old tricks again though, absolutely dogshit and poor decision making constantly, rather than kicking on from last year he has allowed Gabby to take his spot now.
I think Laporte and Stones together showed how much both these players rely on Ruben, he his the linchpin for both.

Ake looks a solid prem defender (if playing for Burnley).
‘Oldham Pirlo’ McNeil looks quality and would be a good addition to our squad.
Phil needs to learn to dive more to gain us the advantage. He gets smashed about the pitch and gets a free kick every Halley’s Comet.
Rodri gets better and better.
Cancello looks miles better on his weaker left back side.
Bernardo could find space in a single bed with Rick Waller.
KDB looks like he’s been on a two week all you can eat buffet holiday with Luke Shaw
Mahrez looks like the only time he wants to score is with Ashley Wards daughter.
Sterling needs a loan spell At Wycombe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.