Burnley (H) | Post-Match Thread

Burnley are one of those teams we've thrashed a few times now that I think we just expect it every game. But let's be honest, Dyche is no mug and he sets them up very, very well. For what he's spent he's done an outstanding job there. He's made them awkward and very difficult to beat. On their day, they can spoil anyone's party. For us, they are the kind of team who could cause us problems - they will sit back, hit on the counter and have some forwards who are powerful and "old fashioned".

Personally, I'm always glad when we get the first against them as the longer the game goes on, you know the script - one corner, one goal. They could easily have had 2 goals yesterday and that would've been "game on". Don't underestimate them, they are very good at what they do.

I think Pep was right about yesterday - the players were back from international duty and, let's be honest, it was more of a cup team (Steffen, Ake, Sterling) than our strongest XI. Pep knows who's tired, who's carrying knocks so the team he put out reflected that. We all know, surely, by now that the season is a long one (for us) and that the players will be absolutely shot if the best team is picked every week. We need fresh legs for when we hit April and I'm sure Pep knows that this year it will go to the wire in the PL.

I'll be honest, I didn't go to the game but watched in on a stream. If I'd had paid good money to go to it, I'd have been disappointed. I didn't so I can be a bit more "meh" about it.

Bernardo was immense, no real surprise there. His attitude since summer has been absolutely exemplary. He wanted to move to warmer climes - nothing wrong with that - but he didn't get his move. Rather than sulking, he's showing Europe that he's one of the best midfielders in the world and I'm sure if he keeps it up, he'll get his wish. Fair play to the lad.

Sterling... I hope we sell him. He was awful and I just don't think world class players struggle against them like he did. His heads gone, he needs moving on.

Overall, 2 decent goals, a clean sheet and 3 points. Onto the next game.

Ake was rock solid yesterday. He made a lot of passes and completed a very high percentage of them. Yes he played safe but he retained possession and allowed his more creative team mates the option of doing something creative.

He was a good counter balance to Cancelo, who played some very clever balls but also lost possession quite a lot.

Ake had a good game.
Agreed he had a good game, made no mistakes, but he does stunt our creation. He's a defender pure and simple, and generally does that well, I'm not sure he really fits a Pep team though.

Sterling... I hope we sell him. He was awful and I just don't think world class players struggle against them like he did. His heads gone, he needs moving on.
Agree with most of the rest of your post, but not this, other than he isn't "world class", not even close for me.

Sterling is 10 inches shorter than most of Burnelys back 4, so keep crossing the ball was a fault of other players for me, he was totally isolated for the bulk of the game, I didn't think he did a lot wrong, until he went wide, when he just didn't do enough at all. It must be quite frustrating to be the CF against the biggest defence in the league at his size, and the ball keeps coming in at their head height, that's poor play from others for me. Foden went there for a period of the second half, and got the same shit service.

I think for his own benefit he probably needs to move on, though I'd first tell him to play back on the right, where he has been very good in the past, and run at the full back, because right now on the left he stops the play, and in the middle he looks clueless.

A player seriously out of confidence.

We have a better attendance to capacity ratio than Liverpool - they have more empty seats than us, but Anfield has more compact seating and you don't notice the empties so much. But our stadium was designed with comfort in mind - the downside being that five empty seats stand out a mile.
True and I've been saying this for years, half of OT is the same, get in your seat in the old side which includes the Away section and you don't / can't fuckin move, the concourse is a fuckin disgrace.

As for yesterday, at ko it was nigh on full, don't get the whinging, but towards HT some make there way to the Bars.

Think there is a few mischievous posters on this subject tbh,

It's mental ,but some on here would rather have people pay full price and have empty seats
Games like this we should be discoun ting tickets to encourage fans of the future
Airelines, Hotels,Cruise Ships ,Supemarkets ext are not to proud to offer discounts to pull in the punters so we shouldn't be either
Saying that we had about 50.000 in the ground ,most clubs could only dream of the crowds we get
Well done Blues
It's the same as pubs.
I don't go in them as much as I used to because I can't afford to.
Many pubs are empty most of the week with a flurry of trade at the weekend.
Our social lives are slowly and surely being priced out of our reach.

True and I've been saying this for years, half of OT is the same, get in your seat in the old side which includes the Away section and you don't / can't fuckin move, the concourse is a fuckin disgrace.

As for yesterday, at ko it was nigh on full, don't get the whinging, but towards HT some make there way to the Bars.

Think there is a few mischievous posters on this subject tbh,
I have a seasoncard for the East Stand and my sons buy tickets where they can - on Saturday they were in the South Stand and told me fans were still arriving in considerable numbers 15/20 mins into the game (I could see that anyway). Athletics stadium = all day comfort watching athletics. Same at West Ham - they get clonking big crowds, but you always notice the white empty seats - the athletics stadium factor.

Had a great afternoon locked in a boozer showing both us and the rags games.

Good battling performance from City and managed to finish the game off before i could begin to get nervous. Once we scored the second the plastic rags got it with both barrels. I was having so much fun i didn't even know they'd let another goal in at the death. Wobbled home a very happy drunk.
You’re never more than 6 feet away from a rat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.