Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sane had a poor game on Tuesday and looked very tired. Hopefully he comes back with another belter today.

Bernardo's bus-smashing ability over Sterling is a good call I think. But we need to make sure we still get enough players in the box because Sterling pops up there relentlessly. Please don't isolate Sergio.
Over Sane? Sure. Over Sterling is a push at best. Excited for Bernado, but Silva or Sane would have been more appropriate subs

Be interesting to see how much our pressing suffers with Aguero and Bernardo instead of Jesus and Sterling. Hopefully not too much, but I can't see it being as intense as we've been used to lately? That's why I see us finding it tougher than recent League games, but still expect us to have too much. Really hoping to get a clean sheet after conceding v Stoke and Napoli.

I think Sane might be our most used forward as long as Mendy is injured or his back-up is signed.

Pep wants someone to give us width down the left. Mendy is injured and Delph is not going to give us that. So Sane is needed. That's how i think Pep views things.
Interesting and seems sensible

Over Sane? Sure. Over Sterling is a push at best. Excited for Bernado, but Silva or Sane would have been more appropriate subs
Sané is our width. If Mendy was fit, I think we'd give more consideration to rotating him? His job is to stretch their backline and open pockets for Silva.

Be interesting to see how much our pressing suffers with Aguero and Bernardo instead of Jesus and Sterling. Hopefully not too much, but I can't see it being as intense as we've been used to lately? That's why I see us finding it tougher than recent League games, but still expect us to have too much. Really hoping to get a clean sheet after conceding v Stoke and Napoli.
I reckon the pressing will suffer because we have benched to 2 best at it on the front line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.