• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Torres-------------Jesus-----------Sterling

---------Foden---------------KDB----------

---------------------Rodri-------------------

Mendy----Laporte------Dias-----Walker

Another clean sheet and one of our young lads on the scoreboard will do.

Going for 2-0 City!
That’s the team for me. Maybe cancelo for Mendy but either will do.

I hope (Pep in brackets)
Ederson
Walker
Diaz
Laporte
Cancello
Fernandinho (Rodri)
Foden (Gundog)
KDB
Sterling
Jesus
Torres (Mahrez)

Our full backs are going to be the ones who will be vital in this game that's why I'd go with Mendy to keep our width make the pitch as big as possible, Cancelo on the right hand side who has more imagination in the final third than Walker. The last thing we want to be doing is playing our right back in a left back position. Burnley will do everything they can to try and get us to go through the middle. Hopefully we give their full backs a horrible day on Saturday.

I'd try a 343:

------------Ferran-----------Jesus-------------Bernardo--------

Mendy------------Gundogan-----------KdB----------------Cancelo

----------Laporte----------------Dias----------------Walker

Subs:
Foden/Sterling to replace Ferran/Jesus/Bernardo
Rodri to replace Gundogan
Mahrez to replace KdB

Mahrez could replace one of the front 3 instead, but honestly would like to see him in this central role, similar to what Mason Mount does for Englands 343, and what KdB would be doing in the setup.

Just trying to think outside the box here, I think Mahrez is in a rut out on the RW, Pep should move him centrally and try that out, his ball retention and creative passing (when he isn't selfish) is really good.

I'd try a 343:

------------Ferran-----------Jesus-------------Bernardo--------

Mendy------------Gundogan-----------KdB----------------Cancelo

----------Laporte----------------Dias----------------Walker

Subs:
Foden/Sterling to replace Ferran/Jesus/Bernardo
Rodri to replace Gundogan
Mahrez to replace KdB

Mahrez could replace one of the front 3 instead, but honestly would like to see him in this central role, similar to what Mason Mount does for Englands 343, and what KdB would be doing in the setup.

Just trying to think outside the box here, I think Mahrez is in a rut out on the RW, Pep should move him centrally and try that out, his ball retention and creative passing (when he isn't selfish) is really good.
Cud work regarding mahrez

Win this and we can kick on. Last 16 and top half of the table and Messi signing in 4 weeks.

A quick stat ... Pep has already managed City in more games than he ever did Bayern ... but today’s game now equals his managerial career at Barca as well.

He has now managed us for 247 competitive games, exactly the same as he ever did at Barca ...

This game on Saturday then would make City his longest managerial spell ... surpassing the no. of games he ever managed anyone else for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.