Burnley (H) - Wed 31st Jan, 19:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for beating a dead horse, but I can't imagine Phil is happy going back to the wing despite being arguably our best/most consistent player centrally all season.

Be interesting to see where Nunes plays - he could well be playing on the right, but regardless he needs to play well as these are the sort of games he was bought for.

Be interesting to see where Nunes plays - he could well be playing on the right, but regardless he needs to play well as these are the sort of games he was bought for.
I would like to see him on the right, actually. I think playing centrally for us is a very difficult task. I would have Phil in the middle where he excels, and Nunes on the right, for the time being.

People are way over confident here. Difficult conditions won't help and it'll feel like a cup game. Burnley will be well up for this and their manager knows us inside out.

I'd take 1-1 and move on.
1.1 at home against a side second bottom and second lowest scorers in the league????

1) Nunes is either Rodri's partner, meaning Lewis goes wide right and Phil tucks in.

Or

2) Nunes plays higher up in the 10 role with Kevin, with Lewis tucking in next to Rodri and Phil staying wide right.

Personally prefer option 1 simply because I like Phil playing more centrally, and I think Nunes has the physicality to excel in that box to box role, moreso than Lewis, and needs minutes there to learn. We also get to see Lewis playing as a more natural wide attacking right back, curious to see how he carries on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.