Burnley (H) - Wed 31st Jan, 19:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the most offensive line up we can have (while still resting players). Good, because we need to increase our GD, which might be vital to get the PL. And it's Burnley at home, so we should be getting a +3-4 GD at the very least today.
We could put Haaland in goal, to be fair.

Perfect game for him to get a bit of confidence after the spurs game. No issue with it personally.
I’m more disappointed Haaland hasn’t started.
We are easing him in, surely. No need to push him for more than 20-30 mins against Burnley at home.

People are way over confident here. Difficult conditions won't help and it'll feel like a cup game. Burnley will be well up for this and their manager knows us inside out.

I'd take 1-1 and move on.
are-you.gif

Apologies for beating a dead horse, but I can't imagine Phil is happy going back to the wing despite being arguably our best/most consistent player centrally all season.
I think he’ll understand that he isn’t better than Kevin De Bruyne and therefore doesn’t have a leg to stand on. The other midfielder has to defend next to Rodri and Phil can’t do that. So if Kevin is playing he either plays on the wing, as false 9, or not at all. Just life in a team that has the best midfielder on the planet.

Apologies for beating a dead horse, but I can't imagine Phil is happy going back to the wing despite being arguably our best/most consistent player centrally all season.
It's difficult to predict where certain players will play, especially those who are versatile like Foden. He may play right wing or he may drop inside if Lewis is asked to play a hybrid wingback type role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.