Burnley Next Week. Hughes 'MUST' Go For It And Drop Either..

jrb said:
De Jong or Barry. Not because they've been playing bad, but because we 'must ' play our most attacking side. Ireland has to start alongside one of those two. There's no need for 2 defensive midfielders next week.

Hughes has the squad and players for specific games. Next week is a prime example of a match where he can pick an attacking team. He must have the courage and belief to put into practice what he promised.

Given.
Zab.
Lescott/Toure/Kompany(pick any 2 from 3)
Bridge.

SWP
Barry
Ireland
Bellamy

Tevez
Ade

Subs
De Jong
Cruz
Petrov
Weiss
one of the 3 centre halfs
By the way there r 7 subs in 1 prem team

We finished 5th with Megson, Reid and Harper playing (the later a sweeper), safety first is always best.

paul_blue said:
jrb said:
De Jong or Barry. Not because they've been playing bad, but because we 'must ' play our most attacking side. Ireland has to start alongside one of those two. There's no need for 2 defensive midfielders next week.

Hughes has the squad and players for specific games. Next week is a prime example of a match where he can pick an attacking team. He must have the courage and belief to put into practice what he has promised.

Given.
Zab.
Bridge.

SWP
Barry
Ireland
Bellamy

Tevez
Ade

Subs
De Jong
Cruz
Petrov
Weiss

we could go with 3 at the back and play a 1-3-1-4-2 thoughts?

A narrow back 3 would render our wingers useless as they'll be shackled too deep to be effective covering the flanks, our problem at the minute is we're playing too many strikers and they're not all in good form. Barry SWP and Tevez have been shocking last few games.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
jrb said:
Given.
Zab.
Bridge.

SWP
Barry
Ireland
Bellamy

Tevez
Ade
This is the team I'd play too. Nigel has been playing well but its Burnley and we're at home, Ireland and Barry get the nod from me.

Indeed GM.

We must go for this game. Ireland has the ability to attack(getting into the oppositions box) as well as defend. Next week is a must win. There is no need or point in having 2 defensive midfielders. Burnley will come and put 11 behind the ball. We have to break them down and score goals. Let's be positive and attack from the off.

Tin hat time but personally if these are fit i would play the following:

Given

Zab Toure Lescott Bridge

SWP Ireland Barry Petrov

Ade Bellamy

Subs Tevez, RSC, De Jong, Weiss, Kompany, richards, Taylor.

I know Tevez adds something - but i was happy with the Rovers away performance and he did not start in that game....so lets try that again

Corky said:
We finished 5th with Megson, Reid and Harper playing (the later a sweeper), safety first is always best.

safety first at home to burnley when we are going for champs league place. nah, all out attack. they are there for the taking.

jrb said:

Hughes has the squad and players for specific games. Next week is a prime example of a match where he can pick an attacking team. He must have the courage and belief to put into practice what he promised.

Given.
Zab.
Bridge.

SWP
Barry
Ireland
Bellamy

Tevez
Ade

Subs
De Jong
Cruz
Petrov
Weiss
Never mind the result its all about positivity

i agree 100 %
Why Not Go All Out Attack Against Burnley And Show We Can Put A Prem Team Too Bed As Easy As That ? but swp has too be dropped hes more at the moment .

Given

Zab Toure Kompany Bridge

Weiss Johnson Ireland Bellamy

Adebayor Tevez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.