Burnley - Post Match Thread

i said last week that we are the team to beat everybody up there game when facing manchester city and i said the teams like stoke and swansea palace and burnley are the hardest games when we role up. but i will add something else the refereeing is on another level and we are fighting him aswell i used to think the ref does not affect how we play but this season its so obvious that we are a target and they stop us playing we are so under pressure from kick off we have to keep it cool

i would like to see the yellow/red card count for manchester city this season and we are not a dirty team in anyway we don't have a Nigel de Jong but i bet the record shows we are a dirty team and up at the top of the table for cards

1. I have some sympathy there. He was treated shabbily and so were the fans - Swales used Francis to sell season tickets then sold Francis.

Not shown on MotD but I thought it was a bad decision - can someone confirm Sergio had gone past the defender and was onside?

It's not nonsense - if Marriner didn't get the offside from his assistant then he should give the pen. It proves he wasn't out to stuff us - just shows he's incompetent (and 3 cards v. us for dissent but none for their nasty late challenges shows he's dangerously incompetent).

This is a flaw in Marriner's game. He also missed a late challenge on a Burnley player towards the end of the game. Mariner seems to be switching his focus too soon (missing the late challenges) and the officials are not working as a team.

i said last week that we are the team to beat everybody up there game when facing manchester city and i said the teams like stoke and swansea palace and burnley are the hardest games when we role up. but i will add something else the refereeing is on another level and we are fighting him aswell i used to think the ref does not affect how we play but this season its so obvious that we are a target and they stop us playing we are so under pressure from kick off we have to keep it cool

i would like to see the yellow/red card count for manchester city this season and we are not a dirty team in anyway we don't have a Nigel de Jong but i bet the record shows we are a dirty team and up at the top of the table for cards

67% possession yesterday yet we concede 15 free kicks to Burnley's 8.

Its the constant in virtually every game we play and i will guarantee you will not find a similar statistic in world football for any other side that dominates games in the way we do.

Its blatant cheating.

67% possession yesterday yet we concede 15 free kicks to Burnley's 8.

Its the constant in virtually every game we play and i will guarantee you will not find a similar statistic in world football for any other side that dominates games in the way we do.

Its blatant cheating.

Whilst I agree, there's no doubt Pep wants counters broken up as soon as we lose ball, even if giving away cheap free kicks. Barca were masters at it. For me this stat says as much about how cheaply we give away possession, something Pep spoke about in his presser.

Whilst I agree, there's no doubt Pep wants counters broken up as soon as we lose ball, even if giving away cheap free kicks. Barca were masters at it. For me this stat says as much about how cheaply we give away possession, something Pep spoke about in his presser.

Yet Burnley employed an in your face tactic yesterday, a high intensity press so surely, that means they are going to commit their fair share of fouls yes?

Im not totally disagreeing with your point mate as there is not doubt merit to it but im sorry, we are currently being treated very very differently to virtually every other side by the officials with any contact by us a foul whilst other sides are being allowed a degree of physicality which is normally beyond the modern day rules of the PL.

Yet Burnley employed an in your face tactic yesterday, a high intensity press so surely, that means they are going to commit their fair share of fouls yes?

Im not totally disagreeing with your point mate as there is not doubt merit to it but im sorry, we are currently being treated very very differently to virtually every other side by the officials with any contact by us a foul whilst other sides are being allowed a degree of physicality which is normally beyond the modern day rules of the PL.

Yep, it's a bit of both mate.

Yet another hard fought away win against a team putting up a strong physical challenge. Not only did we stand up to them, we eventually had complete control of the game (last 5 mins aside). Very impressive.

Having watched the game again I was impressed with Fernando, yaya and Aguero. Nolito's work ethic is very good too and Dinho was strong, gritty performance but not his best game. Thought the defence were all poor to be honest. Neither Clichy nor sagna gave us much going forward and at times we were all over the place at the back. Bravo calm and collected for most of the match mind. Mixed bag.

As a smaller side having to withstand physical approach from a team relying on intimidation rather than skill I thought we outfought them. We won the game but I was pleased to see that their tactics were taken in our stride.

If we had managed to actually hit the target more often I´m sure our goal tally would have increased significantly but that is a recurring theme unfortunately for our attack.

Does anybody have a picture of Jeff Hendricks standing offside for their supposed 'penalty'? Need to settle an argument with a friend!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.