Burnley - Post Match Thread

Are my eyes deceiving me? When Lowton clattered into Nolito it was deffo pen in my eyes but not a thing mentioned (great block apparently) . This after re-run after re-run of their penalty appeal which was offside in the first place.?

Are my eyes deceiving me? When Lowton clattered into Nolito it was deffo pen in my eyes but not a thing mentioned (great block apparently) . This after re-run after re-run of their penalty appeal which was offside in the first place.?

I missed the game but watched motd. I think Nolito should have been a pen and also Yaya in the build up to the second goal

As for their 'penalty', he was offside. End of story

A professional performance... did enough to win with a few players rested (or not risked) in view of next weeks game.
Otto was lucky it was not a penalty, I thought it should have been given that offside had not been given.
We should have had a penalty for the foul on Nolito.
Have seen better riffing, but have seen worse. I'd say a fair ref gong performance overall... but the BT coverage was beyond biased.. had to laugh when Sane came on. Got shoved Camera cut away quick and nowt got said... imagine Kolarov doing that to someone, bt would run replay after replay until he got a ban (just like kun earlier this season)

Yesterday was a big test, make no mistake.
Burnley set out to harass, bully and cheat their way to get something from the game.
Some of their antics were crude and it turned out that having dished it out, they couldn't take it.
I think that we gave them a chance to play football, but they chose otherwise.
I have seen us play better, certainly, but I have also seen us play a whole lot worse.
No one should find any fault with a gritty team performance coming so soon after an
important C/L away game, with key players rested too!
Heads up to Yaya for staying the pace too.
3 important points were taken there today and if anyone thinks otherwise then perhaps they should follow another 'raggy ' club!

1. He hates us because we sold him after one season....
    I have some sympathy there. He was treated shabbily and so were the fans - Swales used Francis to sell season tickets then sold Francis.

Also ignored the fact that Aguero was played onside when he chipped the keeper (played onside by the fullback). Doesn't tell right story though so fuck it.
Not shown on MotD but I thought it was a bad decision - can someone confirm Sergio had gone past the defender and was onside?

Then Howard Web who say's yes they were off side but it wasn't called, so the penalty was a penalty. Completely ignoring the mistake by the linesman & ref for the offside.

What are we up against as a club when even the refereeing calls are being twisted into nonsense.
It's not nonsense - if Marriner didn't get the offside from his assistant then he should give the pen. It proves he wasn't out to stuff us - just shows he's incompetent (and 3 cards v. us for dissent but none for their nasty late challenges shows he's dangerously incompetent).

Crikey! I didn't see whole game as was travelling, but just had a text off my son's football coach, who is a Burnley fan, and it just about sums up the media led drivel we have to endure - to quote (after I said was he looking forward to seeing me..)

"I'd love to face that Marriner, him and Nolito both cheats!"

haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.