Burton (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
St.Pauli support. We still need to treat this tie and the Burton team and supporters with respect. The Burton supporters would have bought tickets, before the 1st leg was played, in the hope that they were still in with a chance of qualifying for the final. However that has now no chance of happening. We still have to play this tie, and it is a good chance to play some of the first team squad who have not been getting games recently. We still have to give the Burton supporters a chance of seeing some of our 1st team stars, even if it is only 7/8 of them.

We can't afford to break this run of games we are winning on by playing a weakened team, which could break the momentum that we are on right now. it will be better for us if we are playing games every week, than having a break when the F.A. cup comes round like Liverpool have. As this could break the momentum if your not playing every week.

Very well said.

i would expect muric, zinchenko, garcia, foden, mahrez, jesus, delph to play plus a few unknowns, maybe vinnie will play to get some minutes

is it too soon for mendy?

Of course it needs to be won.

We don't need another defeat to a third tier side in the history books, even in a so called dead rubber. Winning has to be a habit.

Also, I for one don't want to watch my team go out and perform poorly.

I think we have different definitions of the word "need".

We could put out a 4th string and lose 1-0, it has no bearing on the rest of our season other than preserving our key players for matches that actually matter.

St.Pauli support. We still need to treat this tie and the Burton team and supporters with respect. The Burton supporters would have bought tickets, before the 1st leg was played, in the hope that they were still in with a chance of qualifying for the final. However that has now no chance of happening. We still have to play this tie, and it is a good chance to play some of the first team squad who have not been getting games recently. We still have to give the Burton supporters a chance of seeing some of our 1st team stars, even if it is only 7/8 of them.

We can't afford to break this run of games we are winning on by playing a weakened team, which could break the momentum that we are on right now. it will be better for us if we are playing games every week, than having a break when the F.A. cup comes round like Liverpool have. As this could break the momentum if your not playing every week.

I disagree with this.

The Burton fans would've known when buying tickets the risk of the tie being over before it got back to their place. That's the way it goes sometimes unfortunately.

I don't see the problem with us giving a run out to some of the first team players who may be short on minutes, but to suggest we need to field our 'stars' and risk possible injuries in order to show some respect to Burton - I can't agree. That's not our problem, we're trying to win 4 trophies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.