Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

As others observed - they came to try and play without giving us a good hoofing.
Wasn't pretty for them, and I hope it doesn't impact the rest of their season too much
Burton have proved that teams can break into the league and make a decent fist of it - a league cup semi-final is nowt to be sniffed at

I hope they go into the rest of the season swaggering to opponents that they kept us down to nine! Good luck to them!

2jg1ano.jpg

Absolutely disgraceful this. Pep trying to slow down Burton’s quick passing at half time last night.

just to be a pedant, watering is for increasing the speed of passing :)

What was everyones feeling about the size of the crowd last night. I have seen the usual twitter shite of pictures being posted of the ground before kickoff when people werent even in the gournd yet, but listening to the banter in the office this morning and it seems to be generally accepted that we hardly had anyone there!

I thought it was a great attendance but I am not sure now.... Wtf is real anymore?!?

What was everyones feeling about the size of the crowd last night. I have seen the usual twitter shite of pictures being posted of the ground before kickoff when people werent even in the gournd yet, but listening to the banter in the office this morning and it seems to be generally accepted that we hardly had anyone there!

I thought it was a great attendance but I am not sure now.... Wtf is real anymore?!?

looked to be in the mid 30s? i thought that was pretty good - 3rd home game in quick succession after xmas and new year, cold midweek night, burton isnt the biggest draw and the Carabao traditionally has slightly lower crowds (across the country, not just City). i thought the attendance was alright!

That's no excuse really. Can guarantee that if we'd drawn Chelsea or Spurs in the semi the attendance would have been much more.

Of course it would. Because many people have to prioritise games due to cost. A game, albeit a Semi Final against Burton, no disrespect to them, it was always likely to be a stroll with the outcome a given. Not so much had it been Spuds/Chelsea, so maybe the Rotherham game would have took a hit had we drawn either of those two?

Ticket prices may have been lower than usual, but travel/petrol and other costs remain the same. Not everyone is lucky and can afford every game, especially so many in a short length of time right after the expense of Christmas. Simple economics, not poor support.

Thought both managers and both teams showed respect, dignity and class last night. Pity a lot of the sports media are unable to do so. When you look at our squad at the moment, the return leg isn’t going to see us put out a greatly weakened team.

Congratulations tonight City.. please check out brahim Diaz debut for Real Madrid. He's definitely the One That Got away. A touch of Messi about him

The one where he lost the ball every single time in the 12 mins he was on. Impressive yeah.
Considering it was our third game at home in less than a week how many other clubs given the same circumstances do you reckon would have got more?

@Stevieatlasblue likes this post yet likes the one previously where the daft poster says it was shocking. Make your fucking mind up.

The one where he lost the ball every single time in the 12 mins he was on. Impressive yeah.

@Stevieatlasblue likes this post yet likes the one previously where the daft poster says it was shocking. Make your fucking mind up.
I think the poster you mentioned is just here to WUM.
Diaz has nothing to do with this thread and he moans about the attendance from the comfort of his armchair.

looked to be in the mid 30s? i thought that was pretty good - 3rd home game in quick succession after xmas and new year, cold midweek night, burton isnt the biggest draw and the Carabao traditionally has slightly lower crowds (across the country, not just City). i thought the attendance was alright!
32,456 according to the paper I looked in, not bad at all that in the circumstances ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.