Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

I have to say Burton were outclassed but they never gave up trying and didn't resort to trying to kick lumps out of us
Cloughy came across very well on his interview after the game.
Was great to see Gabby back among the goals and nice to see Phil score again.
One positive about the attendance being less than full was I got home a lot quicker...every cloud eh.

The one where he lost the ball every single time in the 12 mins he was on. Impressive yeah.

@Stevieatlasblue likes this post yet likes the one previously where the daft poster says it was shocking. Make your fucking mind up.
It is morning and I'm not a morning person I do like Shirleys post in general. Is there really any need to swear? No not really have a good day blue.

Such a strange game - glad to be there but sometimes the M6 does make me wonder whether life would be easier staying at home and watching tele. Thankfully I left later than I wanted to , which meant I was behind the blockage and able to switch to the M1 and for once Woodhead was running clear. But M6 closed again going home :-( - need to have a good look at using train from perhaps part of the way.

As to the game - we looked a bit casual and sloppy at the beginning - bit of class from Dave & Kev but that just encouraged Burton to play - but once the second and third went in only a question of how many. As others have said credit to Burton who kept trying to play, didn't resort to kicking and their fans who stuck with them - even one who turned up for last 15 minutes after getting stuck on M6!

Clough didn't really do his team any favours in the lead up to this game tbh and neither did his chairman. While i understand there needs to be a level of realism, admitting that he doesn't want to scare his team and that it's damage limitation is the wrong way to approach cup games and he knows it. If Wigan had done the same in the last few times they have beaten us then we would have gone on and won all of those.
That withstanding, i still think we would have scored a lot, we just seem to have lit the torch again.

So here's my question to you all, if you remember last year when we went into the Liverpool home game we actually weren't playing amazing. But after that win we literally turned into another team and we scored a tonne of goals, could that happen again now? IMO it's often forgotten how much confidence that one game gave us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.