Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

Of course we should save Bury.

A great local club.

City and Bury have always got on.

Save them, and give them some of our younger players, and give them 1st team experience in the lower divisions.

We might even be able to get them promoted over time, and invest any future revenues in both clubs.

I'm not sure Bury & City are getting on now considering we just took away the training ground because they failed to look after it.

I don't really see what the point of propping them up is. They aren't an otherwise functioning club who've been fucked over by a bad owner or misfortune, they just don't have the finances (ie fans) to continue existing as a League 1 club or probably the top half of League 2.

That's just a symptom of what's happening to modern football, just like your local greengrocer got put out of business by Tesco, the super clubs, of which we are now one, are going to make small clubs competing with them in catchment area get smaller and drop down the leagues. Only 4,000 people a week want to watch Bury play, and that's 14th in League 2. It's a shame but there's no point fighting it.

As for any relationship between the 2 clubs with players, it'd just bring accusations of creating a feeder team and ruining English football from the rest of the country, not worth the aggravation.

Last edited:
Saved or not it'll happen again all over the country partly due to lack of support, funding, shit owners etc.

Take our area, Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, Rochdale, Oldham, Bury & Stockport have all been close to the axe over the last 10 years, not all of them through shit management but all suffering with lack of money through the gates.

The only chance they've got is to form a 'Lancashire' super club ( I know Stockport isn't Lancs), sell all the grounds apart from one & start from a clean slate.

Probably two-thirds of the First,Second & National leagues would benefit from at least pairing up. Fans would moan but there's not enough of them to keep the individual clubs viable.

Failing that even making the above 3 divisions North, South & Central would at least add a bit of extra money from away followings, more derbies and less travelling. Nobody can justify the costs of Hartlepool to Yeovil or Carlisle to Plymouth for the teams let alone the fans.

Only way is live within your means and if the club have to keeps dropping down the leagues so be it! Players wages have gone up to much for certain clubs thats another big problem for smaller clubs!

Our local corner shop is going down the pan and the local Sainsburys is doing great. Maybe the customers should dip into their pockets and hand over a load of dosh to keep our little store open.....or not!

How did clubs like Bury survive in the "old days"?

There was virtually no TV coverage of any kind apart from the FA Cup Final. No one knew what a "stream" was - well, they knew it was a small river.
Workers were still in the mill on Saturday until 12-00 or even 1-00. There was not the time or money to travel to a bigger club.
Players were on peanuts (relatively).
Players were effectively tied to the club even if out of contract.

The world has changed utterly. What amazes me is not that these clubs struggle but that they mostly survive.

their game been called off vs MK dons ?? looks like the end for bury ?? and demotion to non league football next season under a new name and BURY FC gone for good

i dont think we should. if we save them then we have to save all the others.... hyde, rochdale.....

one of the main reasons theses clubs are struggling is because a lot of local dont go to games and instead watch us or united.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.