Bus Welcome vs. Spurs

We need to face it, generally speaking the 50 odd thousand people on any give day at the Etihad simply cannot be arsed singing, or they feel it inappropriate to sing or show any emotion apart from when we score. Expecting them to bother to turn up early to welcome our bus on mass will end in disappointment.

I am a lifelong blue who went to hundreds of games at Maine Road and have held a season ticket from day 1 at this stadium, the difference in the past 10 years or so is astonishing.

I'm not going to suggest the reasoning, as everyone will have their own theories (tourists, prawn sandwich eaters, tickets being too expensive for Joe Bloggs etc) What I can say though is most games at the Etihad, the majority of people in that stadium may as well be at home or down the pub watching as they add absolutely nothing to the proceedings. The insult to injury is the habitual late shows and early leaves (much discussed on here).

The players and manager (and footballers in general) have said many many times that the fans and the atmosphere they create can make all the difference to how the team get through games. Over the years this team and manager have given us everything and more and yet look at us now, probably quieter and less fanatical than we were in division 2.

We may have the best fans in all the land and all the world but sadly most of them aren't in that stadium.
It's been a bad week for atmosphere don't get me wrong, but this past year or so we've seen some fantastic games for atmosphere. Arsenal, Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool(April)...

It really isn't all doom and gloom, and the truth is that those home games back at Maine Road in the 80s were nowhere near as good as people on here like to say they were

“Champions again” is an instant classic, simultaneously celebrating our unprecedented success whilst mocking the rags / dippers.

It roused the team pretty well at OT
Yes but it needs to be sung when we go 3-0 up and are celebrating, not straight after kick off or after we've gone a goal down. It isn't going around the stadium at the moment.

On Tuesday we tried to get:

Blue Moon going x2
We're not really here x3
We love you City x2
We never win at home x2

The first song we started was Blue Moon. We'll continue trying our best - but fans in all sections of the stadium need to step up - starting Sunday.
I actually think Sunday will look after itself and will be a good atmosphere.

Expecting them to bother to turn up early to welcome our bus on mass will end in disappointment.
We've organised a few of these now and we usually get great numbers - thousands rather than hundreds.

We'll keep creating opportunities for fans to support the team. If you personally make the effort that's one extra person!

There’s an old chant we don’t seem to use very often at the moment, the words are fairly simple so even newbies, tourists and those who can’t sing can join in. I seem to remember It went something like this:-

CITEE, CITEE, CITEE, CITEE, CITEE, CITEE, CITEE repeated and repeated until every stand has joined in.

First variation clap 3 times between each CITEE.

On Tuesday we tried to get:

Blue Moon going x2
We're not really here x3
We love you City x2
We never win at home x2

The first song we started was Blue Moon. We'll continue trying our best - but fans in all sections of the stadium need to step up - starting Sunday.
Agreed 100 %

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.