business owners

flb said:
bluebrickroad said:
turnover is vanity

profit is sanity

In an ideal world yes,its that bad out there that people are buying work-the slippery road to ruin.

Getting constantly under cut off the larger companies for work they wouldn't usually bother with is whats killing me at the moment, buying work in just to keep a turnover at cost, even with my smaller overheads, i just can't compete.

Yeah said:
My design & print business has been getting busy (Still in first year though so its just growth I suppose)

Started it with £50 so it was just a case of making enough to live first few months

Is your business mainly design and you buy the print in ? Had my print business 16 years and never had it this bad, wish you well

good question bigga.
i dont as yet advertise , as its hard to guess wether the cost is worth it
does anybody advertise ? if so is it worth it ,and which paper etc is best ?

PistonBlue said:
big blueballs said:
de niro said:
what trade is that?
Electrical Contractors

Similar to us. Is it your business BB?
Yeah it is PB, been trading 12 years now, but the last 12 months has been the hardest, sorry for the late reply only just got back to this thread...like you do<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:55 pm --<br /><br />
Bigga said:
What method of ads or promotion do you guys do??

Or is it simply word-of-mouth that gets you your business??
Has been word of mouth for me, tried advertising, websites etc but they only give you a presence out there with regular customers, very rairly brings in any new work, that's what I found anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.