Buying Success: Discuss

jrb

Here's my opening gambit.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/drCFhvU.jpg[/bigimg]

jimharri said:
Venetian blinds? So 1980's.

£96.1mill worth of wooden Venetian blinds . They never date. Not to mention the 55 inch Sony TV. :-)

Seriously though, has there been any mention of United buying success yet? What about Chelsea?

I only ask, because ever since Sheikh Mansour bought City, we've heard the term *buying success*, over, and over, again.

For God's sake, give it a f***ing rest you boring Rag b******'s!

But with funds generated by the club.

That's the argument you need to destroy.

Marvin said:

Or.

Selling 10% of the club on the NYSE.

Marvin said:

Easily destroyed (besides the fact City generates its own funds now!).

If unearned funds should not be allowed, Manchester United should cease to exist immediately as they would have not survived beyond 1931 without unearned money.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2012/Jan/how-james-gibson-saved-manchester-united-in-january-1932.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Featu ... -1932.aspx</a>

Still early days yet... Rags (and all the big clubs in all honesty) have consistently bought success yet nothing was ever said, the media often celebrated the big money buys by these clubs.

Now the "Arabs" are dining in this restaurant these cunts don't like it and have spat their dummy.

A few neighbours of mine (retired couple) don't even follow football much yet notice the amount of media attention that is given to the sport so they are aware of who plays for who and how much is spent and so on... And they have even noticed how much the media have ignored City this time around, with one of them even thinking we hadn't won the league, surprised when I had told them we had in fact actually signed some players.

Can you imagine if the Glazer family decided to invest in a new 6,000 housing scheme in Trafford and how much media attention this would get.

They don't get any of my money. No sly sports subscription, Talkshite fucked off ages ago, no license fee, all my Footy streamed :)

Of course we have bought success,but so what...? We had no option in order to gatecrash the party and break the monopoly.

Now we are established we are 'doing things the right way' whatever the fuck that means.

As stated,the Rag argument and defence is based on self generation and building on success,regardless of the specifics involved.

We can't win this argument because the press are so bias in respect of the other clubs in particular the rags. We buy sucess and have the biggest squad of mercenaries all funded by a sugar daddy who will get bored eventually. Rags on the other hand invest in players with money they have generated through their own hard work. They invest in youth and turn good players into world class players by playing the UTD way. In three years time no one will realise that Shaw was bought for a crazy inflated amount of money, all will recognise he came through the ranks from their academy, his fee though which will probably mean that once again the price of English talent goes through the roof. What should have been at tops a 10m pound deal will set the marker down for other individuals god only knows what Barkley would be valued at.

Once again the rags have inflated the market but we will get the blame. It is why I detest the fuckers so much and hope they crash and burn.

Rammyblues said:
We can't win this argument because the press are so bias in respect of the other clubs in particular the rags. We buy sucess and have the biggest squad of mercenaries all funded by a sugar daddy who will get bored eventually. Rags on the other hand invest in players with money they have generated through their own hard work. They invest in youth and turn good players into world class players by playing the UTD way. In three years time no one will realise that Shaw was bought for a crazy inflated amount of money, all will recognise he came through the ranks from their academy, his fee though which will probably mean that once again the price of English talent goes through the roof. What should have been at tops a 10m pound deal will set the marker down for other individuals god only knows what Barkley would be valued at.

Once again the rags have inflated the market but we will get the blame. It is why I detest the fuckers so much and hope they crash and burn.

+1.

The Rags are already comparing the purchase to that of Rooney. As in, he, Shaw, will pay that fee back over he span of his playing career at United. Forgetting he's a full back. :-?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.