Buying Success: Discuss

There was no way they were going to accept another shit season.

All clubs who win things in the prem buy success to a degree.

We did so can't complain when others do.

I agree that the press/media will portray their buys completely differently than out though and that's what grates.

jrb said:
The Rags are already comparing the purchase to that of Rooney. As in, he, Shaw, will pay that fee back over he span of his playing career at United. Forgetting he's a full back. :-?

So was Bale remember.

I liked Shaw and a bit gutted he went to them lot, don't get me wrong I like AK but him and Clichy looked iffy at various times last season and the lad could be huge in the future, a lot of money and no guarantees but he is also English and there isn't that many English players out there that could get in our squad, I feel he could have contributed and taken over in a season or so as the number 1 left back.

Top clubs in the Premier League have always bought success. If you don't spend, you don't win.

The main debating points are the sources of funding and the financial criteria imposed by the footballing authorities.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
sir baconface said:
It's slowly starting to dawn in me, that some football supporters are hypocrites.
Anything in particular in mind, GDM?
united fans wanking themselves into a frenzy about their desperation-tinted spending spree, maybe?
nevertheless it looks like we are about to have our title outbought by them if they add Manuel's prize countrymen to their already improved squad.

George Hannah said:
sir baconface said:
united fans wanking themselves into a frenzy about their desperation-tinted spending spree, maybe?
nevertheless it looks like we are about to have our title outbought by them if they add Manuel's prize countrymen to their already improved squad.
It does GH. I'm thinking of giving up on football as a consequence. I'm sure you understand.

sir baconface said:
It's slowly starting to dawn in me, that some football supporters are hypocrites.

Can't argue with that. Motherhood and apple pie.

George Hannah said:
It does GH. I'm thinking of giving up on football as a consequence. I'm sure you understand.

Quick, somebody start a petition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.