Buying Success: Discuss

But where does FFPR sit in all of this?

It was supposed to be a new dawn.

Over to you Platini & Co.

does anyone give a fuck? we are hurting them, we are hurting the media we are hurting all the bitter cheating cunts at uefa.

I am glowing inside.

The reason there is so little being written is that we are doing business the way business should be done....which doesn't play well with the tabloid "journos" of today!

Look at the comments you got about Pelle's Press Briefings....they are getting NOTHING from inside the club!

Dignified silence and then reporting ACTUAL events, like signings, development of the stadium, development of one of the most dilapidated post-industrial residential areas in Europe.....NO DRAMA!!!

We have not heard a SINGLE WORD OF DRAMA out of the club, with only Yaya's emotional meltdown casting any negative light so far, yet we have signed THREE PLAYERS already....!

So the likes of the Rags seek this media attention and publicize their signings whereas we are just keeping it hush hush, and this is why the media dislike us?
Or atleast give this impression that they don't give us much attention considering we've just won the fucking league.

I don't know, as much as I disbelieve this whole "everybody is against us" paranoid bollocks, I've seen enough evidence to suggest that large parts of the influential British media tend to ignore Manchester city.

I can't remember a team ever spending so much on such average players.

Fellaini £27,000,000
Mata £38,000,000
Herrera £29,000,000
Shaw £34,000,000

I'm just actually gob smacked. The best part of £130,000,000 on those 4. I accept that Shaw would be good value should he stay there for 10 years. Fellaini is wank though. Herrera is an unknown quantity but he doesn't scream £30,000,000 player and Mata cost £13,000,000 more than David Silva, and he's no where near as good!

For £130,000,000 you could buy Vidal, Bale and another top player.

They remind me of Liverpool when they Spunked a load of money on Carroll, Downing and Adam. The fans are getting moist now they are spending but they don't look to be buying with any philosophy or system in mind.

They still have cheating cretins like Wellbeck and Young with £100k a week contracts. They are a shambles.

Going back to the £130 mil. We signed Kompany, Hart, Zabaleta, Agüero, Silva and Touré for less than that amount!

Damocles said:
Not sure Mata falls under the banner of "average"

He's not average but he's the type of player that you have to build your team round. And he's not quite good enough for that role.

jrb said:
jimharri said:
Venetian blinds? So 1980's.

£96.1mill worth of wooden Venetian blinds . They never date. Not to mention the 55 inch Sony TV. :-)

Seriously though, has there been any mention of United buying success yet? What about Chelsea?

I only ask, because ever since Sheikh Mansour bought City, we've heard the term *buying success*, over, and over, again.

For God's sake, give it a f***ing rest you boring Rag b******'s!

Don't you know that they are buying English players? So it doesn't count.

The reality is everyone buys success. The entire system is based on buying players. So until they institute a draft or something then buying players will be the main way to success because even the greatest academy isn't going to produce top player after top player year in year out.

@BluePhil8 said:
I can't remember a team ever spending so much on such average players.

Fellaini £27,000,000
Mata £38,000,000
Herrera £29,000,000
Shaw £34,000,000

I'm just actually gob smacked. The best part of £130,000,000 on those 4. I accept that Shaw would be good value should he stay there for 10 years. Fellaini is wank though. Herrera is an unknown quantity but he doesn't scream £30,000,000 player and Mata cost £13,000,000 more than David Silva, and he's no where near as good!

For £130,000,000 you could buy Vidal, Bale and another top player.

They remind me of Liverpool when they Spunked a load of money on Carroll, Downing and Adam. The fans are getting moist now they are spending but they don't look to be buying with any philosophy or system in mind.

They still have cheating cretins like Wellbeck and Young with £100k a week contracts. They are a shambles.

Going back to the £130 mil. We signed Kompany, Hart, Zabaleta, Agüero, Silva and Touré for less than that amount!
To be fair, Mata was a cracking little player at Chelsea until the return of the special ego. 18 months back, I'd have loved to see him at City. Not now though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.