Buying Success: Discuss

We need to get better at getting decent money in when we let players go.

We are poor at recouping funds.

We have bought success but doesn't bother me.

jrb said:
Think some of you might find this interesting.

A bit of time to kill. Figures taken from http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

Transfer spend so far this Summer of last seasons top 7 teams.

Arsenal.

d0vUIqd.jpg

Chelsea.

TZQaazl.jpg

Liverpool.

78yQB7J.jpg

Everton.

ENR64Su.jpg

Manchester City.

C18Dw6R.jpg

Manchester United.

92Osw7s.jpg

Spurs.

gt2q9mG.jpg

*Arsenal have since signed Calum Chambers for £16mill.
*City have probably signed Mangala. Waiting for the announcement. £30mill
*Liverpool would have signed Loic Remy(£8,5mill), but he failed a medical. I'm sure Liverpool will find a replacement.

Feel a tad sorry for Everton, impressive they can still compete.

Agree with nexoster that Financial Faux Pas is a total disgrace.

Just look at that Chelsea spending.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
de niro said:
I am glowing inside.

What have I told you about getting Fixodent and carpet adhesive mixed up?
That said, I too find it hard to get animated about this nonsense anymore.
Haters gonna hate - simply smile at them, and ask just how you can spend £45 million more than the champions, yet finish seventh?

I agree. They can moan all they want but there's fuck all the haters can do to stop us.

Besides, I find it amusing how some (not all) fans of United, Arsenal, and Liverpool are so against rich benefactors pumping money into football clubs. After all, if it wasn't for John Henry Davies, James Gibson, Henry Norris, Danny Fiszman, and the Moores family it's highly likely that none of those clubs would have grown into the clubs they are now, and in the case of United and Arsenal they might not even exist at all.....

M18CTID said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
de niro said:
I am glowing inside.

What have I told you about getting Fixodent and carpet adhesive mixed up?
That said, I too find it hard to get animated about this nonsense anymore.
Haters gonna hate - simply smile at them, and ask just how you can spend £45 million more than the champions, yet finish seventh?

I agree. They can moan all they want but there's fuck all the haters can do to stop us.

Besides, I find it amusing how some (not all) fans of United, Arsenal, and Liverpool are so against rich benefactors pumping money into football clubs. After all, if it wasn't for John Henry Davies, James Gibson, Henry Norris, Danny Fiszman, and the Moores family it's highly likely that none of those clubs would have grown into the clubs they are now, and in the case of United and Arsenal they might not even exist at all.....

Well said.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We need to get better at getting decent money in when we let players go.

We are poor at recouping funds.

We have bought success but doesn't bother me.

Forgetting the importance of the media in that regard and building up the hype, as so often are players are always vastly underrated and praise is always given grudgingly. Without the media hyping players up it makes it a hell of a lot harder to get top whack. See the fact that Gerrard got ahead of Yaya in poty votes as one example.

How many years since The Rags have blooded lots off Home grown Players!!!! Fuck me talk about living on the past..

We get the stick as we have gate crashed their party and they do not like it, fuck em I say, win more and shove it right up them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.