BWSL 2022/23 Aston VIlla vs Manchester City

Not exactly the line-up I was expecting with only 1 of the new signings making the starting line-up. Typical Taylor though I guess. Not much creativity in the middle of the pitch. Thoughts?

Feels like a surprisingly sensible lineup to me in all honesty. We should win. The biggest problems we would likely get would happen if we tried to fit in too many new signings at once - Taylor has stayed away from that and put out a steady, functional side that should do the job.

Feels like a surprisingly sensible lineup to me in all honesty. We should win. The biggest problems we would likely get would happen if we tried to fit in too many new signings at once - Taylor has stayed away from that and put out a steady, functional side that should do the job.
Tbh, I think my biggest surprise is Losada not starting ahead of either Coombs or Angeldahl. If we were playing Chelsea/Arsenal/ragettes then I could understand going for the more combative players but this is Villa.

Mostly agree with you, Losada is the exception for me though, Coombs ahead of her is a concern. It shouldn't be the difference or owt, but it puts more responsibility on Angeldahl than I'd be particularly happy about.

Now is it just me or are the BBC really the negative about City ,"City slow start last season"
"lucky to get into the champions league" , plus all the other negative remarks in the build up !

Now is it just me or are the BBC really the negative about City ,"City slow start last season"
"lucky to get into the champions league" , plus all the other negative remarks in the build up !
The first part is objectively true, the second is more subjective but given we had to come from way behind to get into the Champions League spots and overtook United in about April, it's not that controversial a read on last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.