BWSL 2022/23 Aston VIlla vs Manchester City

The first part is objectively true, the second is more subjective but given we had to come from way behind to get into the Champions League spots and overtook United in about April, it's not that controversial a read on last season.
I don't think we were lucky, we were probably the best team in the league second half of the season, winning one cup and being very unlucky in the other, being arguably the better team on the day . We had a massive injury crisis at the beginning of the season, which was the real reason for the poor start last season!

Team looks lost… for a few seasons we’ve looked for individual talents to get us out of trouble - but we don’t look individually better than Villa here - we need Hemp to shine.

We ain’t getting anywhere near top 3 this team don’t play as a team but we do have a lot of new players so Taylor will get this season and probably next our club don’t usually do knee jerk

Surely Taylor won’t see out this season yes it’s only started but I can see this team missing out on champions league and possibly finishing just above mid table with the number players who have moved to other clubs ..

I don't think we were lucky, we were probably the best team in the league second half of the season, winning one cup and being very unlucky in the other, being arguably the better team on the day .
I'm not suggesting we were undeserving, like you say we were great in the second-half of the season, it's more that we were fortunate to qualify because we had to be incredible in that second-half of the season. A couple of unlucky bounces for us or a lucky bounce for United and we wouldn't have managed it. We were great but we were fortunate.

We had a massive injury crisis at the beginning of the season, which was the real reason for the poor start last season!
Lets Taylor off the hook a little but yeah, agreed. It was still a slow start though, the commentator wasn't wrong!

Crap defending for that goal and in the run-up to it, Morgan and Houghton taking unnecessary risks in their own area isn't encouraging. Not impressed by Shaw either, should have had an easy tap-in to make it 1-0 if she wasn't wandering about finding space deep when she didn't need to. She needs to be pushing up and pressuring the defenders, not dropping deep, she's not fast enough to do both.

30 mins into a new season and the worries we all had about Taylor seem to be true. Early I know but still the same messing about with under hit passes from the back. Villa are more organised and are up for it. Kelly needs to forget all the Euro hype and to see her just stop playing when a slight touch on her happens is not good enough. We needed high energy and quicker passing. The Taylor method summed up by us having a free kick ten yards into their half and within three passes it was with Ellie and then there is a lack of options and we lose possession. Absolutely clueless team selection - Taylor has to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.