BWSL 2022/23 Aston VIlla vs Manchester City

I think the thing that riles a lot of people up about Taylor is that he doesn't seem to take any responsibility for the team's failings whatsoever. No, he can't help players not performing to their ability but he is responsible for the shape, tactics and motivation of that team. I have not once heard him say "I got that wrong". As soon as the team sheet was announced today I think I was a little worried especially about the midfield. I was happy that Aleixandri hadn't been left on her own in a straight swap for Walsh but to include both Coombs and Angeldahl, who I see as very similar type of player, seemed to negate any sort of creative aspect coming from that area of the pitch. So we were totally reliant on Hemp and Kelly again to provide the spark. For the team we want to be I don't think that's good enough.
Dead right, J. We never seem to see any tweeking of tactic or shape when a team gives us a problem. It's very difficult to open up a team who are hell-bent on 90mins defending like some of the teams I've seen at The Academy, but he's too much like Mr. Micawber - summat will turn up, one of our players will produce a moment of magic. Perhaps he hasn't realised that our midfield sorceress has gone to Real. I think he can't imbue the players with a sense of 'We are going out to win this game!' It's more like 'Let's see what happens in the first hour. If we are winning I've got most of it right, and if we aren't well . . . . . .mmmmmm!"

Taylor’s post match analysis……”It’s a tough start, it’s not the start we wanted……”!! compared with the straight talking honesty of Emma Hayes who admitted that Chelsea “couldn’t hit a barn door”…..Going forwards we weren’t good enough”.
Has Taylor ever been this decisive??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.