Bye Bye 4th the chokers let us down..

Sabster said:
not my fault! said:
tbf I think 4th has gone now, we are not good enough yet. UNited today showed what it takes to be champions, never give up. We had plenty of time to keep the ball in their corner but chose to play and give them the chance. Spuds have deserved this 4th spot more than us, they have won when it's mattered and shown what they can do. Of course its still "possible" but I just dont see us getting anything out of the Arsenal game and I think Spuds will beat us at home, can see them beating the rags too! Gutted but hey we have still had a good season I guess.

You're so negative- we barely lost this match

we are still favorites.

Yeh I agree but I'm not just talking about this match, I just dont see us getting anything from them away and I dont see us beating Spuds at home. But I could see Spuds beating the rags at ot... That would mean they get fourth and we dont. Not being negative just realistic mate.

not my fault! said:
Sabster said:
You're so negative- we barely lost this match

we are still favorites.

Yeh I agree but I'm not just talking about this match, I just dont see us getting anything from them away and I dont see us beating Spuds at home. But I could see Spuds beating the rags at ot... That would mean they get fourth and we dont. Not being negative just realistic mate.

Well I can see us winning arsenal away and spurs getting comfortably beaten my manu and how on earth you can not see us beating Spurs at home is beyond me.

I think sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say we are not quite good enough yet . To get beat three times in XT by the scum really does point to some mental frailalties - we need to learn . I thought today we weren't great but neither were they - although now the dust has settled they were probably slightly better . We need to learn to work until the last second and stay awake ( SWP and ireland ) . Also I think you have to say fair play to Spuds they have beaten Arenal and Chelsea this week , after playing on sunday in the FAC semi. Its not lost yet but I think we need something next week for sure then do the business against Villa and Spuds - keep the faith .

Sabster said:
not my fault! said:

Well I can see us winning arsenal away and spurs getting comfortably beaten my manu and how on earth you can not see us beating Spurs at home is beyond me.

Ermmm because they are playing better than us! And have tonked us once already this season, could say thats how? Believe it or not but Spuds are a better team at present, come on hats off to them they have beaten Chelsea and Arsenal this week under pressure. We couldnt hold on 20secs to secure a draw.

they have the edge but it's not over by a long shot. cmon. we were 4 points clear last week, nobody predicted that both arsenal and chelsea would flop against spurs. if they beat utd, and get something from COMS, then there'll be no complaints from me, as long as we've hit our 70 points. they will have won it fairly and squarely by putting together a quite sensational run, last week you could have got odds in the region of 40/1 on them winning all three matches against the big four.

as it is, they are still 6/1 against winning at utd... winning against arsenal and chelsea amounted to a 15/2 double, so they almost need to match both miracles in one afternoon. all they've done so far, no matter how impressively, is get their noses very very narrowly in front. even if they got a point at utd and we lost at arsenal, if we win the three remaining games it comes down to goal difference. I said last week that two wins two draws and a loss would do it. and it still quite possibly would, if spurs finally revert to the form book and lose at united, draws against villa and arsenal, wins against spurs and west-ham could well do it. even if they won their other two we'd both be on 70 and it would come down to the goal difference.

I do share the concern over our home form in the league against the top 6. but we've only had two such games under mancini, and both times we played tactically, looking to win, for sure, but also trying to protect the draw that would have suited us much more than the opponent. against tottenham, if we really need the win then I am sure Mancini is astute enough to realise that.

It hurts - Really hurts deep down - three times this season we've been done by the scum. It hurts when you get the texts through from the Scummers or when you see then in work on Monday - cos this time I thought it was our time.
But if at the start of the season you were told that with four games to go (probably three after next week) a champions league spot was in your own hands - Would you have taken it? Of course you would - You would have bitten the hand off that mentioned it.
We've not had the top "top four" fortune with us - whether it be Utd with their injury times winners (that will come in time for us!), or the bans for Ade, refs turning a blind eye etc. You could say that everyone has been against us
It will come....Time will tell......Even if we don't get fourth it's not the be all and end all - We'll get into Europe (Europa) for once on our own merit. And next season we'll be bigger and better - It takes time.
I've been following City for forty years and my 3 year old has blue blood and the generations to come will have blue blood - but some of you tonight have just lost the plot - whether the ale or emotion of the day. Just remember your City and City is your life (besides the family - just in case the Mrs reads this). I've been through a lot worse than you youngsters - Get used to it!
You will always be Blue - Blue blood - Today hurts - Tomorrow is another day.
CTID

We have a long way to go...............We just don't have what it takes to be a top 4 team and at the end of the season we shall all see this!

Today we gopt a good lesson in what it takes to be a top 4 team. We were played off the park again by a far better side than us.

THATS THE RALITY. Next we will loose to Arselan and then Spurs will come and beat us because they have more commitment to their club and fans where our players only have commitment to their own ego's and pay packets. Today we looked like the away team, Scholes bossed mid field. Tevez and Addy looked like they had better things to do and the tactical side of the game was a joke.

Get a grip City, your fans deserve better than that!!!!

Vicky said:
We have a long way to go...............We just don't have what it takes to be a top 4 team and at the end of the season we shall all see this!

Today we gopt a good lesson in what it takes to be a top 4 team. We were played off the park again by a far better side than us.

Played off the park ? Deary me, time for me to log off I think. Some nonsense being spouted on here tonight.

Vicky said:
We were played off the park again by a far better side than us.

THATS THE RALITY.

Are you kidding??

They are NOT THAT GOOD. And they certainly did not play us off the park!!!

The difference was not finishing (no man in the bloody box, time and time again) and the indiscipline at the end. That was IT.

We'll put 5 past Arsenal and it will all be gravy, keep the Faith blue boys, we lost by one goal to a top quality team. We can (and will) get 4th spot. It's not over till its over !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.