Call me unpatriotic...

alanjames24

... But I couldn't give two sh!ts about the England football team and how they fare in the World Cup or any competitions for that matter.

The last time I really got behind them was Euro 96 and maybe that's cause I was 15 and the fact that we genuinely stood a chance and it was all on home ground...

I hate Neville (With a f**king passion), Beckham, Rooney and Ferdinand. While I admire Lampard, he has a penchant for being a right dirty bastard, as does Ashley Cole, (I used to think the same about Gerrard but I quite like him after last season).

The only players I admire in the squad are Theo Walcott (Probably cause he's too young to be a complete arrogant bastard yet) and SWP and even his presence in the team is not enough for me to wish them success.

Couple that with the fact that a lot of England supporters are plastic 'big 4' fans who think we have an inherent right to win something because we invented the sport and because their beloved teams' most arrogant players are in the squad and there is not one passionate bone left in my body for this bunch of cnuts.

On top of this, if they won anything I don't want another 50 years of 'Sir' Wayne Rooney or any of those other cocks telling me how 'magical' it was to win it, a la Bobby f**king Charlton.

Am I the only one?

something like 65% of offical england travel clubs memebers supports sides outside the top division

As a Norwegian living in Scotland, I share your sentiment hehe... Don't even want them to win anything, the Scots would moan for years and years!

alanjames24 said:
... But I couldn't give two sh!ts about the England football team and how they fare in the World Cup or any competitions for that matter.

The last time I really got behind them was Euro 96 and maybe that's cause I was 15 and the fact that we genuinely stood a chance and it was all on home ground...

I hate Neville (With a f**king passion), Beckham, Rooney and Ferdinand. While I admire Lampard, he has a penchant for being a right dirty bastard, as does Ashley Cole, (I used to think the same about Gerrard but I quite like him after last season).

The only players I admire in the squad are Theo Walcott (Probably cause he's too young to be a complete arrogant bastard yet) and SWP and even his presence in the team is not enough for me to wish them success.

Couple that with the fact that a lot of England supporters are plastic 'big 4' fans who think we have an inherent right to win something because we invented the sport and because their beloved teams' most arrogant players are in the squad and there is not one passionate bone left in my body for this bunch of cnuts.

On top of this, if they won anything I don't want another 50 years of 'Sir' Wayne Rooney or any of those other cocks telling me how 'magical' it was to win it, a la Bobby f**king Charlton.

Am I the only one?

Load of shite.
England are important to me.
Travelled away with them loads of times including the 5-1 in Munchen and the 2-0 in jockland
It is VERY true that yoonighted are conspicuous by their absence, don't see many there following England abroad.
Met some great friends thru England abroad, from clubs such as Mansfield, Hartlepool, Bournemouth, Halifax, Canterbury City, Brighton, Sheff Wed, Nottingham (both)
Following England is a pleasure, and a great crack.
Try it, go see them somewhere other than Wemberlee or trafford park.

alanjames24 said:
Am I the only one?

The only one what? To use loads and loads of swear words when talking about united players, or dislike everything about any good player that doesn't play for city?

naaaaa...no worries...there are a few of you around.....

Hopin' England get it together, they're looking better each time I watch them. Hope SWP gets a chance, he deserves it.

alanjames24 said:

Am I the only one?

I think your wrong when you say most England fans are supporters of the big 4 teams, from what I've seen, most support lower league clubs, and are quite realistic on Englands chances of a trophy.

I always hope the team does well, but obviously club comes first.

Can't wait for the World Cup next year and hope to God we win it.

Hating/not being bothered by England at the moment seems to be the 'in' thing, dont understand it myself.

On the one hand, i have friends and family in England who are genuine football people and I'd be delighted for them.
On the other hand, I don't think I could put up with all of the smug bulls**t (largely from the media, I hasten to add) that would come with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.