Call me unpatriotic...

it is true though what some people have said, you have to forget about who they are and support the shirt. They are still doing their best for your country! I have this problem right now with the australian cricket team, theres only 1 player i like whos not a spoiled whinging **** and thats hussey.
But because we are playing against you lot i'm 'supporting' the team lol

If you asked any English city player if he'd be proud to wear the three lions, it would be a resounding yes.

This all started when years ago, a rednosed scot complained about too many games and international injuries, and it didn't fit in with his plans, and then he got the support of all the fans at his club supporting the idea of club first, England second, without mentioning that most of the fans are actually Irish, Asian, Chinese, so consequently, don't give a monkeys toss about the England team doing well or not ;-)

Okay, I'd give both my bollocks to score for City in any match they'd have me, but I'd also consider at least one bollock in return for playing for England.

Patriotism is opium for the masses, and nationality is an accident of birth.

Britain is a blight on the World in terms of wars fough, blood spilt, and all in the name of what? Not the common englishman, but for Queen and Country. What is really meant by that?

Have you forgotten class? That's why nationalism is the ideology of the bourgeoisie. They like to pretend that divisions of wealth are meaningless when we're all Englishmen united by our birthright.

It's a mugs game, and hundreds of thousands of young men have died for wars that did not serve their interest, and they have also killed 10 x more

hello said:
something like 65% of offical england travel clubs memebers supports sides outside the top division

That's 65% of fans representing 92 clubs and 35% representine 20 clubs.

I ALWAYS watch England play and ALWAYS want them to do well as much as i want City to do well. I cheer Rooney's goals and have shouted "Rooney, Rooney, Rooney" in the past.

Granted the England side especially during tournaments attracts idiots who know nothing about football but if you let idiots ruin something you enjoy then you might aswell live in your room for the rest of your life.

There is nothing better than a hot day in June, having a BBQ with your mates or your family, plenty of beer, all wearing England tops, getting the Three Lions on a Shirt and World in Motion tunes on in the background.

I cannot wait for the world cup.

Marvin said:
Patriotism is opium for the masses, and nationality is an accident of birth.

Britain is a blight on the World in terms of wars fough, blood spilt, and all in the name of what? Not the common englishman, but for Queen and Country. What is really meant by that?

Have you forgotten class? That's why nationalism is the ideology of the bourgeoisie. They like to pretend that divisions of wealth are meaningless when we're all Englishmen united by our birthright.

It's a mugs game, and hundreds of thousands of young men have died for wars that did not serve their interest, and they have also killed 10 x more

Bloomin' eck. You've been to some rough England games mate. Though it was pretty bad when adams played I suppose.

What a load of shit, you don't know how much of a gloryhunter you sound...

I've always supported England...I agree Beckham is a twat and I cant wait to see the back of him but, with this squad and with Capello in charge, I really feel we have a good chance of getting to the finals in SA.

-GET BEHIND YOUR COUNTRY-

Bilboblue said:

That is just fucking ridiculous.
Shame on you.

Sorry mate. In my (kind of) defense, I have not lived in England for almost 5 years now, so maybe I've lost a lot of the passion. I'll admit, while my interest for England was fading, I still got caught up a few times (Germany 4-1, vs Turkey etc) in the excitement, but not so much anymore.

Bilboblue said:
alanjames24 said:
but I would get more upset at City losing a league game than England losing in the World Cup final.

That is just fucking ridiculous.
Shame on you.

Oh, get over yourself. I'm the same. International fixtures are a mere distraction.

Football is just a game, but I support England and always will do even though it has had people who I detest playing for it.

I come from the opposite extreme of politics from Marvin, England and Britain mean everything to me!

City always come first of course, but I'm very patriotic, not our current cess pit that we are in, but our history, those who have fought and died to make Britain Great!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.