calling a woman pretty.

Mayor West

Right, I'm being thought of as a right weirdo at work now solely for calling a girl pretty. I am happily married and have no interest in this girl romantically whatsoever, I just said it not really thinking it was that weird.

So should I have just not said anything and kept my thoughts to myself? Do you never call a woman good looking unless you are single and looking for something? Just thought it an odd reaction to what I thought was a completely innocent comment!

It was innocent mate, I say that in front of mrs death now and then, she either agrees or not, no big deal. I am sure the woman would be flattered rather than have some idiots take offence or call you weird on her behalf..!

FromPollockToSilva said:

Well I'm 30 and most of the other staff are early twenties and all hang around together and one of them was complaining about not being able to find a boyfriend ( the usual bollocks) and I just said I'm surprised at that as you're a pretty girl, I'd have thought you'd be fighting them off. Maybe they think of me as an old fart and it weird coming from an older guy. Who knows.

Mayor West said:
Right, I'm being thought of as a right weirdo at work now solely for calling a girl pretty. I am happily married and have no interest in this girl romantically whatsoever, I just said it not really thinking it was that weird.

So should I have just not said anything and kept my thoughts to myself? Do you never call a woman good looking unless you are single and looking for something? Just thought it an odd reaction to what I thought was a completely innocent comment!

I would say pretty is not exactly falling over yourself to give somebody a compliment, (if you are bothered by the "mither") next time I would go with "they look nice", about as stale as it gets as far as compliments are concerned. Probably more of a case of bored co-workers acting and gossiping like bored school girls, or somebody winding you up.

However, if you are looking for a bit on a side, PM me some pics and I'll give you an opinion on whether she is worth the bother.

Dunne's own goal said:
I reckon most just think you're flirting (no matter how you plead your innocence)

I think that must be it, its hard to compliment a woman without coming across as flirtatious! Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut. Don't think it'll have any long lasting effects.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.