Calling notice to all City fans going to the derby.

i like the idea of engalnds number 1 and go right threw the team to mancini chant...

Let us know if you get help with the blue tape etc, this must be done. Hope they put the large flags out that we have seen in european nights..

I for one will be wearing city shirt, scarf, looks great when more people wear colours... We need long chants of bluemoon and all with scarfs raised..

Im all for it so keep the comments going on this thread and we all will look out.

Great idea ! ctid

We should aim to make it the best atmosphere at a game there has been at The Etihad. Everyone should be wearing a City shirt, scarf. Blast out Blue Moon with scarfs in the air. If we are losing, 'We stay 'till the end'. And just make it a fucking good night.

Copy of e-mail sent to City'S Match Day Operations.

Afternoon Steve.

Can I first of all introduce myself, I am a season ticket holder at City and have been attending games since 1973, I am serving in the Royal Air Force and have been for the last 35 years so one of the older supporters.

Two seasons ago I contacted the club and spoke with a guy call Andy who was the match day events manager at the time reference an idea I posted on ‘Bluemoon’ it was the day I arranged the Ticker Tape at the Derby v Utd, I asked if the club could help in any way which they did by placing ticker tape and streamers on the front 5 rows in EL2 and EL3, they also provided bins at the stair well on these tiers for fans to be handed small sandwich bag type bags full of ticker tape. When the teams came out it was thrown in the air and provided a back drop to the cameras of an Argentina type welcome as the teams came out on the pitch.
I have posted on the website again to see what interest there would be in a similar event, we the fans want to show the country and world that if we don’t win the Prem lge this season we still know how to throw the best supporters party in the country. The fans are determined that the Derby is our game and we make it the best atmosphere possible.
What I would like to ask if the club first of all has any plans for the evening and I know you wouldn’t be able to tell me what they were as it would spoil the surprise, we have had the scarf’s and flags on seats, bananas etc etc but do the club have any plans to do something on the night.

Also would the club be willing to once again place ticker tape and streamers on the seats in the ground and if so where, I walked the entire ground last time and placed over 2000 bags along all the edge of tiers 2 and 3. With it being a night game I couldn’t do it this time but I could through Bluemoon encourage supporters to bring plenty to the game, if there is anyone there you work with or you may have been there yourself you may remember the sight of millions of pieces of Blue and White Ticker Tape coming down from the stands. I remember we had dealings with the H&S, match stewards and Police before hand to make sure everything was ok safety wise which it was and they were more then happy with what we had planned.

Would the club and you be willing to again support such an event as now we are just over 2 weeks away? It would be little cost to the club but a great help if they could provide a certain amount of the ticker tape and steamers and I am sure the rest of the fans would do the rest.

Please could you reply to both e-mail addresses and if possible provide a contact number, like I say the guy was called Andy I dealt with last time but I have changed phones and no longer remember his surname, he also arranged for me to put Neil Young’s picture on the screen at the Leicester City FAC Replay.

I hope you can help us again to make it ‘our evening’

Regards

Nick

Please not the ticker tape!

It resulted in this:

[bigimg]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2010/4/17/1271513892001/Gary-Neville-kisses-Paul--004.jpg[/bigimg]

If we don't win, i'll blame you for being a jinx!
Can't we throw bog rolls or summat?

glen quagmire said:

It resulted in this:

[bigimg]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2010/4/17/1271513892001/Gary-Neville-kisses-Paul--004.jpg[/bigimg]
urghhhh that's just too disgusting for work filters glen

glen quagmire said:

It resulted in this:

If we don't win, i'll blame you for being a jinx!
Can't we throw bog rolls or summat?
Glen what you keeping pictures like that on the PC for lol.
I know it didn't bring much luck, but the were some cracking photos on here and I think anything to get the crowd buzzing on the night. Thought last night and the last 30 mins was what we should be aiming for.

CITY FOR LIFE said:

Afternoon Steve.

Can I first of all introduce myself, I am a season ticket holder at City and have been attending games since 1973, I am serving in the Royal Air Force and have been for the last 35 years so one of the older supporters.

Two seasons ago I contacted the club and spoke with a guy call Andy who was the match day events manager at the time reference an idea I posted on ‘Bluemoon’ it was the day I arranged the Ticker Tape at the Derby v Utd, I asked if the club could help in any way which they did by placing ticker tape and streamers on the front 5 rows in EL2 and EL3, they also provided bins at the stair well on these tiers for fans to be handed small sandwich bag type bags full of ticker tape. When the teams came out it was thrown in the air and provided a back drop to the cameras of an Argentina type welcome as the teams came out on the pitch.
I have posted on the website again to see what interest there would be in a similar event, we the fans want to show the country and world that if we don’t win the Prem lge this season we still know how to throw the best supporters party in the country. The fans are determined that the Derby is our game and we make it the best atmosphere possible.
What I would like to ask if the club first of all has any plans for the evening and I know you wouldn’t be able to tell me what they were as it would spoil the surprise, we have had the scarf’s and flags on seats, bananas etc etc but do the club have any plans to do something on the night.

Also would the club be willing to once again place ticker tape and streamers on the seats in the ground and if so where, I walked the entire ground last time and placed over 2000 bags along all the edge of tiers 2 and 3. With it being a night game I couldn’t do it this time but I could through Bluemoon encourage supporters to bring plenty to the game, if there is anyone there you work with or you may have been there yourself you may remember the sight of millions of pieces of Blue and White Ticker Tape coming down from the stands. I remember we had dealings with the H&S, match stewards and Police before hand to make sure everything was ok safety wise which it was and they were more then happy with what we had planned.

Would the club and you be willing to again support such an event as now we are just over 2 weeks away? It would be little cost to the club but a great help if they could provide a certain amount of the ticker tape and steamers and I am sure the rest of the fans would do the rest.

Please could you reply to both e-mail addresses and if possible provide a contact number, like I say the guy was called Andy I dealt with last time but I have changed phones and no longer remember his surname, he also arranged for me to put Neil Young’s picture on the screen at the Leicester City FAC Replay.

Regards

Nick
I really hope we can get something like this going again. It looked awesome last time and was a real feel good feeling. Shame it resulted in a very disappointing way. I will bring bog rolls along.

please no free plastic flags, make your own. The one thing I always thought would improve the atmosphere is having no music being played at all just let the fans make the noise

davymcfc said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:

Afternoon Steve.

Regards

Nick
I really hope we can get something like this going again. It looked awesome last time and was a real feel good feeling. Shame it resulted in a very disappointing way. I will bring bog rolls along.
If you remember last time the club said we could take 'bog' rolls in and when I was in the ground placing stuff on seats before any fans came in the loud speaker announced to fans toilet rolls would not be allowed in the ground , when I made a quick call to my contact the Police had stopped it has they had infomation to say fans were going to place stuff in the cardboard roll so they stopped it. Just to give you the heads up.

Can someone find the Ticker Tape pictures on here, there was one looking across the 3 teirs of the East Stand when it was all being thrown to give those that don't know what we are about. Would be grateful if someone knows how to find them on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.