Calzaghe/Froch

masterwig

Calzaghe has ruled out a fight with Froch.

Has he dodged him? Or is he right about Froch not being good enough?

Dont htink its about the ability, more like the money. If i was Joe i wouldt take this fight does not make sense for him,

Definitely a wise dodge in my eyes! been watching froch for a while now and i was impressed from day one.

Froch is hungry and doesn't seem totally money minded.

Besides, i've never rated Joe personally, i think he's a great boxer but i don't like the way he's not a strong finisher. To me he seems to go out looking for the decision, where as froch is a a definite finisher.

My feelings aside, Joe will REALLY be considered a legend in about 5 years.

If they fought Calzaghe would win, on points. Froch showed in the Pascal fight that you'd need to hit him with a sledgehammer to actually knock him out, but Calzaghe's workrate would score higher than Froch's attempts to connect with the 'big hit' all the time. Calzaghe isn't 'dodging him' in my opinion, he's assessed the situation correctly, it's not worth it to him financially to take the fight.

Apparently froch is talking about £5m payday for Calzaghe if the fight takes place.

In my eyes Calzaghe is more concerned about losing his unbeaten record than he is about the money.

I think that Froch would beat Hopkins and Jones Jr, if Froch was to beat say.... Kessler then there would be NO REASON WHATSOEVER FOR Joe to turn the fight down.

Calzaghe would stop Froch if they ever were to fight. Froch is good but in his last fight he took a lot of punches Joe has all the tools to dismantle Froch quick handspeed and power. I think Joe would find it hard to drop down a weight so if he does fight 1 more time expect Chad Dawson in the ring with him or as a wildcard Clinton Woods as that would be a better local fight than the Froch fight.

leighton said:
Calzaghe would stop Froch if they ever were to fight. Froch is good but in his last fight he took a lot of punches Joe has all the tools to dismantle Froch quick handspeed and power. I think Joe would find it hard to drop down a weight so if he does fight 1 more time expect Chad Dawson in the ring with him or as a wildcard Clinton Woods as that would be a better local fight than the Froch fight.

i do think joe would beat him but i dont think he would knock him out, that said froch is an incredible puncher and would be looking to catch joe with a bomb, one punch and who knows?

BingoBango said:
Just heard Calzaghe mouthing off on 5 Live basically saying Froch was a no-hoper. I expected better from Joe than that kind of trash talking.

he is probably just cranking things up to see if an offer comes in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.