Cameron vetoes EU Treaty change

As per Der Spiegel, at the end of the day the lawyers come in to say that the whole agreement will not be legally binding unless all 27 agree. So, if it is only a declaration of intent and any individual government can change its decision at any time, they have ignored all the other rules that they have made-up for themselves what is ignoring a few more going to change!

It will end in a disaster I can tell you

SWP's back said:
Rascal said:
Balti said:
wow we didn't just bend over and let the europeans from france and germany rape our arses

tut tut

It appears though that Cameron has let them remove their condoms
So you would have preferred him sign the new treaty?

I would have preferred he went there with the interests of the British people in mind rather than the interests of the City of London and his Eorosceptics.

I dont see how being on the periphery on Europe does us as a nation any favours at all. Britain now has no voice in Eropean economic affairs.

Rascal said:
SWP's back said:
Rascal said:

I would have preferred he went there with the interests of the British people in mind rather than the interests of the City of London and his Eorosceptics.

I dont see how being on the periphery on Europe does us as a nation any favours at all. Britain now has no voice in Eropean economic affairs.

You do know there is a whole world out there and not just europe?

Rascal said:
SWP's back said:
Rascal said:

Nothing has changed. We've got exactly the same voice in exactly the same institututions of the EU that we had before.

The Euro is their problem and it is not up to us to bail them out as we're not in it. Thankfully.

Do you really want these countries that have so royally fucked up the Euro having more of a say in UK fiscal policy as well?

Rascal said:
smudgedj said:

Yes we can trade with Easter Island of course

2i9td8x.jpg

Talk to the hand

Rascal said:
SWP's back said:
Rascal said:

Seriously, how much of a voice did we have in European economic affairs anyway?

Rascal said:
smudgedj said:

Yes we can trade with Easter Island of course

So are you saying that we will not be able to trade with Europe if we are outside of it? The Chinese don't seem to have a problem?

Also consider they sell more to us than we to them.

It's all academic anyway the whole project is going to implode it's just a matter of when, it was a misguided attempt at super state creation, and it has failed

Ducado said:
Rascal said:
it was a misguided attempt at super state creation, and it has failed

The British people must know that fedarlism and a single currency works, after all we have done it very succesfull since the 1707 act of union was passed in Scotland

And yes the economy is different in London to the Outer Hebrides but we manage it well enough.

We dont have border controls and many of our disparate peoples consider themselves British,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.